ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Feeding Cone..

Default Feeding Cone..

I have set up two cones at each corner of my tank in order to let the juvies get to eat because I have a pair of bullies who always chase them.

Is it okay to put the food in the cone and let it there for hours till they finish eating it? They usually eat and then swim around, then come back to the cone and start to eat again.

is it a bad thing to exercise this?

Default Re: Feeding Cone..

I would like to know the same thing. Sometimes my Discus (if we are in the room) will let the food sit in my cone for a while before they go to it. I use the cone because I have young Discus (4 that are about 3-5") and I have a bunch of community fish (including 6 cory cats and 2 clown loaches) and 2 greedy Angels that steel all the food. I make sure my Discus eat good though...

Anthony

I am assuming you are putting worms in the cone? Shouldn't be a problem. It's better than letting it build up on the tank bottom. If the fish don't eat the food after a few hours, I'd just take out what they haven't eaten. I don't use cones, my fish would over eat and explode.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Ricardo

my discus did this today for the first time every. they usually attack the cone as soon as i put the FBW or FBS in there. i'm sure it has to do with the tank change though, they are really timid now which is sad since they had gotten so use to me coming up on them. i must start all over