AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Northeast Discus meeting for January 24th !!

Default Re: Northeast Discus meeting for January 24th !!

Cool Ashay! I enjoyed your detailed report as if I was there!
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

I would like to thank Dave for invitin us lot over to his place! Had a great time! Dave you have an awsome collection of Discus my friend! Celeste is a great baker as well...

My hats off to Patrick and Ashay for making the best of a bad situation. You would have never known that they were stuck in Mass. overnight due to unforseen vehicle problems. Then again Ashay always has a grin on his face.

It was great meetin Mike, Fred and Martha. I hope to see alot more of ya this year with the up coming meetings as well.

Al, Patrick and Ashay...Sorry about the stomach bug! Hope you guys dodge that bullet!! Wasn't much fun.

Looking forward to spring everyone!! Cya soon...
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-27-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Mark

Registered Member patrick richard's Avatar

Smile Re: Northeast Discus meeting for January 24th !!

I would like to say thank you to David first, for a wonderful and adventurist trip up to Mass. Al deserves a big thank you for his very informative presentation on discus medications. I am very lucky to live so close to Al. I know I can get some great advice from him in a pinch.

Well, as you al heard Ashay and myself had a few problems on the way up to the meeting. After driving all the way up to Mass, we got to about 10 miles from where the meeting was being held. this is when my truck started to heat up, and within seconds we were stuck on the side of the road. At first glance it looked like I blew a coolant hose, but that was not the case. My water pump was dead, and so was the truck. All I can say is thank god for some great new friends. these great people helped Ashay and myself have a great weekend, dispite all the bad luck We were having.

David, thank yo for inviting us to your home. You have some beautiful fish. keep up the good work. also tell Celest "THANK YOU" for the desserts.It was great to meet some new faces(Jeff, Mike,Fred, and Martha). Mark, great seeing you again as always. Till the next get together.

Well, I think you heard enough on this subject. I hope At our next get together, we have alot more new faces. happy discus keeping everyone.

Patrick
    Last edited by patrick richard; 01-27-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Tentatively , The next meeting will be back in CT at my house (New haven/hartford area) in the spring...then to a large summer get together at Marks in CT (on the RI state line area) and then down to Steve Colleys House (westport area...close drive from NewYork).. Details to follow.

Glad we had this get together at Davids, he's one classic discus Nut...Tanks fit into every nook and cranny in that apartment... I tried to convince him to lose some additional furniture and maybe add a few tanks in the middle of the living room...but I think he's maxed out there

Thanks again David, and also Celeste for the hospitality...You were both first rate hosts!

Take care,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

I really enjoyed reading all of the participants' reports evening though I wasn't there...definitely seems like everyone had a great time together! I love AL's presentation part it must have been fun to hear the discus master lecture. I look forward to seeing the next one!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Before this thread is put away I would once again like to thank EVERYONE !! Was a treat and honor to host this meeting. I got a chance to show my fish to people who really know and understand discus. Also show Al how much I love discus !! hehe

Patrick, you are one heck of a class act as Mark had said. You took every bit of hardship as one heck of a mature person who can really deal with adversity. I wish you better luck in the future with your truck. I didn't mention the troubles with your truck earlier because I knew Ashay is the better story teller, plus he had the show and tell pics !! :9) I hope everybody plus more people attend the next meeting.. Its hasn't been a week yet since that meeting and I miss the interaction already. Kenny, maybe you COULD come out here this Summer for Mark's huge get together.. Al, I can't wait until the Springtime meeting.. Thanks to all, David T

Registered Member patrick richard's Avatar

Dave, I appreciate the kind words. You all were very helpful, and you made sure that Ashay and myself had a great time. Thanks to everyone that came, and hope to see a big turnout this summer at Marks house. Dave your fish were amazing. let us know how the cobalt spawn went.

Good luck with all the pairs.

See you again soon buddy.

Patrick

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456