ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Methylene Blue...Anyone out there?

Registered Member

Default Re: Methylene Blue...Anyone out there?

Hans is the man folks!

If you can trust anyone out there, it would be him. I've purchased a couple of pairs from him and I can tell you that they arrived IN PERFECT CONDITION. I'm very satisified with his insight in this field and believe he has never NOT returned an e-mail or a text message to him.

Thank you Hans....AND YES, NO METHYLENE BLUE for me.....

A big thanks for everyones 2 cents worth though.....

R Jackson

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    Very intresting Hans on your breeding here in the states just in case of disaster in Germany. Very smart I think.
    Ed
    Ed,

we DON'T breed here, only have the breeding pairs on hand IF there is something like an import stop.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by wxman View Post
    Hans is the man folks!
    he has never NOT returned an e-mail or a text message to him.
    Just counted them Ron you're on number 1 sending me emails: 93 now

from my wife Joanne 79

My ex-wife 63 (lol)

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Martha,
    you still don't get it I think.

Hans
    I wasn't implying that they were old, but rather that they were young. I missed this sentence: `They layed many eggs and have had many Fry from him,...' That fact doesn't eliminate age as a consideration - one factor of many.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by wxman View Post
    I've read a lot of talk about this stuff, but is anyone having success with it?

I have a pair of Cobalts who have had Fry before, but recently have had about a 90-95% unfertile (fungus) eggs. Water parameters are perfect (RO/DI) and PH about 6.5, so that's not an issue. It appears that I 'may' have about 5-10 Fry out of this batch.... Hopefully they won't be eaten as in other times....

I've also turned off the sponge filters right before the eggs were layed (pecking at cone).

But, anyway, I was thinking about adding Methylene Blue to the water next time 'hoping' for a better 'yield' of Fry. I almost hate adding something to the water though.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.....Thanks.
    I have made up a base mixture of 5ml per 20 litres with dilution scaled down to a 2 litre jug. I use a syringe and squirt the meth blue over the eggs. This definitely does not harm the eggs. Andrew Soh has recommended using meth blue in his book “Discus The Naked Truth” page 60. That’s enough of a recommendation for me!

Once the pair is done spawning I pull the cone and dribble full strength Meth Blue over the eggs then put the cone back in. I only use the meth blue if I'm going to cage the eggs. Without the cage I think the pair does a good job keeping the eggs clean themselves.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12