ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Anyone use these? Powerhead? (Being frugal again)

Default Anyone use these? Powerhead? (Being frugal again)

So the regulars probably know I'm super-frugal (no, I'm really super-cheap) :P

Anyway, I use MJ-1200's to pump water out for WC. I bought them at a great deal for about $16 each (new and shipped free) a few months back and I wish I had bought more (I knew I would need them).

Anyway, I don't really feel like paying $20-25 (not including shipping) that most places sell them for, so was wondering if anyone had any luck with these cheapos from eBay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180704563963

It is spec'ed at 320GPH and has very similar shape and features to the Maxi-Jet line.

I think I need at least 2-4. I'm going to set it up so that each tank has one for draining and all I have to do is flip their respective switch. I also want one to create a powered vacuum to clean the bottom (not sure how I'm doing this yet). Probably buy some extras too. Seeing as these cost about $10 each, I can get two of these for the equivalent number of MJ1200s.

Anybody with experience in these? The application isn't very demanding, they'll only be on for draining purposes.
    Eric

Default Re: Anyone use these? Powerhead? (Being frugal again)

Nope, but give 'em a try and see!..I have a pond pump running one of my sumps,(out of necessity; it was available after a breakdown) but it's like 950 gph...
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.