ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Finnex HPS Heaters

Default Finnex HPS Heaters

I recently began replacing/upgrading some of my equipment, and thought I'd share about my experiences with these heaters. As we all know, heaters in general have fallen in performance due to cheaper and less reliable construction. I was at a loss as to which ones to trust my fish to, but heard good things about these and decided to try them.

I started with a 200 watt in a 40 gallon tank in which my one group of discus were started out in.
    I must say that I am impressed so far. I check the true water temp with a infrared thermometer and so far the temp is always exact.

I just ordered a few more from Ken's and will monitor performance and report here. Once I am confident enough in them, I will try some of the titaniums for my water storage containers.

Rich

Default Re: Finnex HPS Heaters

Good luck..the Finnex 500w titanium's I bought didn't hold up..Several have failed as mentioned on a thread about controllers..These are the models with a dial, not digital...moisture gets under the board inside the controller assembly....
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    Good luck..the Finnex 500w titanium's I bought didn't hold up..Several have failed as mentioned on a thread about controllers..These are the models with a dial, not digital...moisture gets under the board inside the controller assembly....
    Thanks for the heads up. I have yet to try the titanium models, so far the digitals are good. Anyone here have a suggestion for a really good heater? How many here remember the old green indestructible ebos?

Quote Originally Posted by richgrenfell View Post
    How many here remember the old green indestructible ebos?
    I've got one in my goldfish/loach tank thats been working for 20+ years !

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    +1
    Marc