ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SunSun canister filter

Default Re: SunSun canister filter

I am using two SunSun filters for a year now and I learned that also to fill them after cleaning. A few times I broke a sweat pumping on those things not anymore. The only time mine leaked it was my fault I over tighten the plastic nuts for the hoses and broke them just used hose clamps to fix it.

Registered Member Discus master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10R View Post
    I am using two SunSun filters for a year now and I learned that also to fill them after cleaning. A few times I broke a sweat pumping on those things not anymore. The only time mine leaked it was my fault I over tighten the plastic nuts for the hoses and broke them just used hose clamps to fix it.
    good to now I was looking inot these as well have any idea what the largest is rated for? gph and tank size? also I thought the ones with the UV had a bigger wattage availible? I know they have the one with the 9watt but I also thought they had one with a larger wattage than that? any extra helps I am sure, and I am sure they took into account of the gph of the filter in comparison to the uv light after all they made both rite? good to know it was a JBJ and marineland product?
    So Many Discus, Not Enough Tanks!

I know this is an old thread but I am looking for an inexpensive canister filter for a newly purchased 40 gallon breeder tank. I could not locate any of the SunSun filters on Ebay. Does anyone know of another source for these filters? I'd also be open to other suggestions.

Regards;

David

They are still on ebay. They go by another name called "Perfect" or they are not labeled with a name. Mine is still running strong and I love it!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PERFECT-AQUARIUM...item2c5ad6d6e6

There is 3 different GPH rating to look for. I seen one for 64.99 BIN that is rated at 375gph. The link I shared is one rated at 265GPH.
    Jarred

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhog05 View Post
    They are still on ebay. They go by another name called "Perfect" or they are not labeled with a name. Mine is still running strong and I love it!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PERFECT-AQUARIUM...item2c5ad6d6e6

There is 3 different GPH rating to look for. I seen one for 64.99 BIN that is rated at 375gph. The link I shared is one rated at 265GPH.
    Thank you. I wasn't aware of the name change. I purchased one this afternoon.

Registered Member

Had mine for 5 months, rocks for the price!

Is there a SunSun or other chinese knock-off for the AC-110?
    Eric

I have a sunsun hw404b and it is a great huge filter, still nice and quiet after a year

Registered Member

I've had one over 1yr working great no issue yet works awesome I did switch the green hose for black and it cut down on the bulid up in the hoses . Ouse ceramic media and sponge and floss . Awesome canister filter.

I've used the large sunsun canister with UV, and it does work great for the price. IIRC you can find a higher watt UV bulb to fit this unit online.

Registered Member

There was a topic about sunsun canisters on the plantedtank.net a while back. People were saying they're more reliable then name brand ones due to leaking concerns...

and you can now buy replacement impellers from a seller on ebay for $17 shipped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12