Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my Ebo Jager stopped working

Default Re: my Ebo Jager stopped working

thanks eddie i will
    benedict

Quote Originally Posted by aquadiva View Post
    Hi Eddie,

I did have this Ebo set at 84 all along, even after calibrating it, then the tank went to 86 degrees which I thought was okay so long as it stayed there even though the heater was set at 84. Then this morning the temp in the tank was 88. Remember also last week for no reason, this heater stuck on and raised the temp to 92! I'll see what it reads tomorrow. I just did a big water change. I've never seen a heater fluxuate like this!

Anna
    Hi Anna - I had that same problem with my Ebo Jager, but the big greenie as they were called, which I bought in '93. No matter what I set it on, the tank temp kept climbing. I immediately replaced it with an Otto Computherm heater and controller which is still being used today. The only thing that Jager was good for was stirring water in a barrel, especially since it was soooooo long! I recently bought the Rena Smart Heater to replace another failed Stealth and so far, its been extremely steady and I'm very happy with it. I'm using it as a stand alone heater now in QT, but when I'm done with it I'm going to replace the intake of my XP3 with it, and set it lower than my Hydor ETH inline, (which I highly, highly recommend if you're using a canister) just in case the Hydor ever fails.
    Last edited by poconogal; 04-29-2009 at 06:53 AM.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Quote Originally Posted by aquadiva View Post
    Hello and yes I did call Jehmco but they said Eheim doesn't make it real easy anymore to get the warranty so I took that as they'd rather not deal with my returning it though they didn't say it so many words and I didn't press the issue. Instead I was told how to recalibrate it and if this doesn't work, I could call Jehmco back and see what they say about returning it. The company that makes it should just stick by their warranty!
    Anna
    Anna, I just dealt with Eheim about a broken safety lock on my Pro II canister filter. I bought it used 2 years ago and its not under warranty. Eheim offered to send me a new part, free of charge, and they already mailed it, only one day after I contacted them! It sounds to me like it was Jehmco that doesn't want to be bothered with returned heaters and warranties. If you haven't taken care of this already, I'd email Eheim, explain the problem with your heater and tell them its still under warranty and see what they say.
    Last edited by poconogal; 04-29-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    Connie

Quote Originally Posted by gotfish? View Post
    ANOTHER Ebo jager heater croaked on me!!! gwwwaaaaaddd!!! got home and my tank went from 86 to 79!! good thing i caught it early. same problem like before. lights are on but NO HEAT COMMING OUT AT ALL!g grrrrrr

im in the market for new heaters, anyone recommendations???
    Sounds like the Stealths which do the same thing! I had 2 of them die in 3 weeks and one was brand new out of the package!

I bought the Rena Smart Heater and am using it as a stand alone. I'm very happy with it, its been extremely stable, it has a really large light which also will alert you and flash fast or slow if the water temp falls below or rises above what the heater is set at. If you happen to have a Rena filter, you can use it to replace your intake on the filter. I'll be doing that soon, when I take it out of QT. It will be my backup in case my Hydor ETH inline heater ever fails.

If you are running a canister, I highly recommend the Hydor ETH inline heater. I've been using one for about 2-1/2 years so far, its extremely steady and reliable. Its set for 84 degrees and my 2 thermometers actually read 84.0. It's a miracle!
    Connie

I have TONS of trouble with those.. BUT does it need to be recalculated correctly ???

thanks connie, im currently looking up hydro inline heaters thanks for the suggestion

umm i dont think calibrating it would do the trick(i did try it btw) since theres no heat comming out at all...really annoying
    benedict

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123