AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Discus dying, please help

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Default Re: Discus dying, please help

Quote Originally Posted by smsimcik View Post
    I understand Hans. I meant, they are shipped from Germany to Baltimore. Then from Baltimore to somewhere else. Thats alot of hours to in a bag.
    Steve,

we did this a "few" times before, with out any problems, the last months we had a few shipments delayed with FedEx (busy times for these guys) and instead of over night, Discus arrived 24 hours later at my customers. We know by now how to pack Discus, in the freezing cold, heat packs in the right way and we didn't loose any,
    Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Hans: We are Gods to whom the word of God has come. I only meant to say that "I never loose fish" are the famous last words. The fact is only a very small percentage of fish live out their lives to die in old age, especially in the wild. If it were not for dead fish there would be no challenge.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myxobolus_cerebralis

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by boxlotfish View Post
    Hans: We are Gods to whom the word of God has come. I only meant to say that "I never loose fish" are the famous last words. The fact is only a very small percentage of fish live out their lives to die in old age, especially in the wild. If it were not for dead fish there would be no challenge.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myxobolus_cerebralis
    And Loren if all Discus in our tanks would live out their lives, I would be out off business,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Steve,

we did this a "few" times before, with out any problems, the last months we had a few shipments delayed with FedEx (busy times for these guys) and instead of over night, Discus arrived 24 hours later at my customers. We know by now how to pack Discus, in the freezing cold, heat packs in the right way and we didn't loose any,
    Hans
    I know you know how to ship fish. I'm only trying to say anytime a fish or any other animal for that matter is shipped, its stressful. And sometimes that makes some of them sick. The longer it takes to get them somewhere, the more likely it is that they will become sick.

I see fish as a leading indicator of the environment that we as humans have to put up with. I am not a freaky left wing environmentalist but I do have some grounded perspective on environmental issues. Water quality, bacteria, parasites, pollution, are all things that we as humans need to deal with for our children and not just for tropical fish. I would say if you have a water supply that is killing your fish then I would consider buying store water for my cooking. Don't bother telling your neighbors because they will not believe you unless they are fish keepers also. If your neighbors are on the Simply Discus forum then they might listen but don't bet on it unless their fish are dieing the same way yours did.

Registered Member

I do not believe thus far,, that water has been identified as original posters problem but it is always the easiest to fix.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011