AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Artificial rearing made easy

Default Re: Artificial rearing made easy

You got it abosutely right April its all about the water.Several people who are trying this Gizmo are having problems,and i feel certin there over feeding and poluting the water in the baskets.Thats a good idea to learn with angels before trying Discus.Was nice hearing from you,when you get ready to try the Gizmo let me know and ill be glad to help you get started. Tuck

hey big tuck you should patent your DIY product and sell it on ebay

Several people have suggested the same thing,but i dont need the problems that are bound to arise.Besides this started out free and will remain free to anyone who wants to build it. Tuck

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tuck View Post
    ITS THE WATER!!!!!!!! your killing them with kindness.To much feed and its not going thru your screen. Tuck
    most likely as cannot think of anything else.
    will the fries starve if the interval is too long before the next eye dropper amt of btb .
    what is your longest interval btw feeds that worked, as i have constraints of time unfortunately.
    thnks

Real Name
    Ricardo

hey BigTuck i see you post more replies as of late which means your typing is getting better right?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Stanlee like i said before mine go 10 to 12 hrs at night so they go at least that long.Dont over feed just because it longer between feedings.In your other post you said they died off gradually.Im not sure what could be causing that.Ive never had that happen to me.A few always die for what ever the reason,but somethings wrong for them all to die.Let me think about it for a while and see what i can figure out.Ill get back to you ASAP. Tuck

Hi Ricardo,if youd see me hunting and pecking you laugh your a-- of.Id rather take a butt kicking than typ,but im trying.What id really like to know is how in the heck do little keys hide like they do? Tuck

Registered Member

Nice Tuck you've created "discus incubator"

Registered Member

Stanlee like i said before mine go 10 to 12 hrs at night so they go at least that long.Dont over feed just because it longer between feedings.In your other post you said they died off gradually.Im not sure what could be causing that.Ive never had that happen to me.A few always die for what ever the reason,but somethings wrong for them all to die.Let me think about it for a while and see what i can figure out.Ill get back to you ASAP. Tuck
    ok, point taken.
    but for the longer intervals, is it still an eyedropper amount of btb?
    Or it should be a bit more?
    you haven't given me your opinion on this.
    Uncle says the btb doesn't pollute the water even after 12 hours inside the tank cos it is ? protein wrapped .
    so pretty confused cos we know that too much uneaten food = pollution and nitrates etc?:

Real Name
    Francis

Hi Stan,

Have you tried Decapsulated brine shrimp eggs?....or this one Golden Pearls.

GOLDEN PEARLS:

"Golden Pearls" - A New Brine Shrimp Replacement Diet

Golden Pearls is a revolutionary new larval diet that has successfully replaced live Artemia nauplii in marine fish hatcheries in Europe. A patented processing technique (agglomeration of micro-encapsulated particles) resulting in feed particles or "clusters" that resemble raspberries (under the microscope). Golden Pearls have tiny air pockets that keep the feed particles in the water column, not on the bottom of the tank, and mimics live brine shrimp nauplii.

Ingredients: Brine shrimp, squid, shrimp and fish protein, animal protein, purified fish oils, phospholipids, astaxanthin, vitamins and protected minerals, antioxidants, and immunostimulants. These are now available in 3 sizes!

Analysis: Protein - 60%, Lipids - 8%, Ash - 15%, Moisture - 8%, Vit C - 2000 ppm, Vit E - 400 ppm, Astaxanthin - 500 ppm.

Cheers
    Francis

Stanlee,in my last post to you i stated ,do not feed more just because its a longer time between feedings.Read my new post that will be up shortly on a new way to feed. Tuck

Registered Member

Stanlee,in my last post to you i stated ,do not feed more just because its a longer time between feedings.Read my new post that will be up shortly on a new way to feed. Tuck
    awaiting with baited breath.
    how's ur new alarm doing.
    sorry to hear there is no happy ending to ur royal blues.
    cheers.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Hi Stan,

Have you tried Decapsulated brine shrimp eggs?....or this one Golden Pearls.

GOLDEN PEARLS:

"Golden Pearls" - A New Brine Shrimp Replacement Diet

Golden Pearls is a revolutionary new larval diet that has successfully replaced live Artemia nauplii in marine fish hatcheries in Europe. A patented processing technique (agglomeration of micro-encapsulated particles) resulting in feed particles or "clusters" that resemble raspberries (under the microscope). Golden Pearls have tiny air pockets that keep the feed particles in the water column, not on the bottom of the tank, and mimics live brine shrimp nauplii.

Ingredients: Brine shrimp, squid, shrimp and fish protein, animal protein, purified fish oils, phospholipids, astaxanthin, vitamins and protected minerals, antioxidants, and immunostimulants. These are now available in 3 sizes!

Analysis: Protein - 60%, Lipids - 8%, Ash - 15%, Moisture - 8%, Vit C - 2000 ppm, Vit E - 400 ppm, Astaxanthin - 500 ppm.

Cheers
    Francis
    hi Francis,
    decaps tried before, even the larger fries or other fries also not taking them cos they don't move.

golden pearls, are they from hikari?
    may try this , but not sure if available locally.
    the composition seems good.
    thnks.

Stanlee the new way to feed is posted under Breedintg Discus.The golden pearls are sold on line by kens foods. Tuck

Registered Member

for any interested person,could find the video in youtube for visual assembly guide! search for "big tuck's hatchery" good luck!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast