ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Artificial rearing made easy

Default Re: Artificial rearing made easy

Mr wild ,by jove i think youve got it. Tuck

Hi Scolly,the siz of the containers is not really important,ive used several different sizes they all work fine.There again the filter just needs to be of the size to match the amount of water you have.If any thing over kill on the size.I clean the filter often so i only have a sponge and charcoal in it.Now the flow rate is important.I like a steady stream of water coming out of the tubes.It can be adgusted by the amount of air.The other thing that is important to keeping the flow steady and constant is maintaining the water level.When i get it just right i put a mark on the tub and keep it there.As far as water changes go i siphon anything thats on the bottom and then replace that much water,its usually not much. Hope this helps.If you need more,dont hesitate to ask,im glad to try and help. Tuck

Big Tuck you may have single handedly affected future discus populations! And we are grateful for it!

Thank you very much for posting this great information and the support with it!
    -jim

tHANKS SO MUCH FOR THE KIND WORDS,I HOPE YOUR RIGHT,FOR THERES NEVER TO MANY DISCUS. TUCK

Hi BT,
    I have been watching this thread for awhile now and i reckon
    you are on a winner ! Thank you so much for sharing this idea.
    Kind Regards,

Thanks Ben for your encourging kind words! Tuck

Registered Member

Hey Tuck...I pulled my Red Rose spawn tonight, have it hatching in a clear tube inside the tank. Also have a batch of eggs screened right now to see if they are fertile. Will be getting this nutty contraption up and running SHORTLY! I have the GOLDEN PEARLS and the decap. brine shrimp. My BETTER THAN BRINE is on order. I will hatch out the BBS just in case. If it works, I'll send you a box of chocolate for Valentines Day!...BILL

Registered Member

Hello William,
    Where may I order the BETTER THAN BRINE? Please advice with the specific Web site.....

Many Thanks,
    Perry Nguyen

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Hey Tuck...I pulled my Red Rose spawn tonight, have it hatching in a clear tube inside the tank. Also have a batch of eggs screened right now to see if they are fertile. Will be getting this nutty contraption up and running SHORTLY! I have the GOLDEN PEARLS and the decap. brine shrimp. My BETTER THAN BRINE is on order. I will hatch out the BBS just in case. If it works, I'll send you a box of chocolate for Valentines Day!...BILL
    Come on Bill...a box of chocolates, how about a box of DISCUS!!! That would be the best ever.

The rig you built definitely looks like BT's. Awesome job! Now all BT needs to do, is get a patent on his super dooper discus scooper!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by phat nguyen View Post
    Hello William,
    Where may I order the BETTER THAN BRINE? Please advice with the specific Web site.....

Many Thanks,
    Perry Nguyen
    I ordered that off of AQUA BID. From a guy named UNCLERICK666. Eddie, last I talked to Tuck, he made another contraption...a BETTER version that can feed up to 4 spawns now! I know a box of fish is better than a box of candy most any day...but from what I hear, Big Tuck has enough of his own Discus right now. He should be flooding Canada soon with his progeny!...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    I ordered that off of AQUA BID. From a guy named UNCLERICK666. Eddie, last I talked to Tuck, he made another contraption...a BETTER version that can feed up to 4 spawns now! I know a box of fish is better than a box of candy most any day...but from what I hear, Big Tuck has enough of his own Discus right now. He should be flooding Canada soon with his progeny!...Bill
    Yeah I guess I didn't think of that. Maybe some tanks for the fry he'll be raising! A new one huh, guess you gotta start somewhere. The Wright Brothers started off with the "The Flyer", and now we have the F-22, so you can only imagine what is in store for the future. Keep on moving forward Big Tuck! It's the wave of the future!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Hey Bill,things are crackin now!Sounds like your well prepaired,thats good.Really Bill ,chocolates,i like Eddies idea better,like i said before,never to many Discus.Now that ive got my 4 holer gizmo up and running ive developed a new problem.For some reason the last 4 spawns have all been bad.Not just a few eggs,all of them. These dang Discus are more contrary than my ex-wife!Any ideas guys???? Thought i might try some Peroxide on the next batch,but im thinkin the problem may be the males are not getting there job done.Just guessin,so any suggestions would be appreciated. Tuck

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tuck View Post
    Hi stanle yes the water is continually changing .The round baskets contain the fry i just squirt a turkey baster full of bb couple times a day.Dont hesatate if you have more questions,ill try my best to fill you in. Tuck
    hi,
    thanks for the clarification. guess your subsequent pics explained my queries, abit too fast in asking my questions , but u got me all charged up as i am trying all sorts of ways also but most fries die cost of the food.

in spore we cannot get baker's egg powder. anyone can share where to get some baker's eggs powder to me.
    any link would be deeply appreciated.
    cheers

Default Re: Artificial rearing made easy F-102 model

Well,im not at the F22 stage yet so well just call this one f 102.Everything works the same as the other,only this one holds 4 baskets and has 2 air lifts.Still only one outside filter,brobably use a slightly larger one.Found some ridgid white tubing for the water lines and it works much better than the air line tubing.I think this will work even better,since the larger volume of water will be easier to maintain a constant temp.What do you folks think? Tuck
    Attached Images Attached Images

great ideas Big Tuck!!
    thank u for sharing
    for how long do u keep fry in that system plz

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast