ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forrest is the best!!!!

Default Re: Forrest is the best!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when you PCS out of Japan, how are you going to get all of those discus to your next duty station? Do you really have a water bill? I thought the military pays for that. Happy birthday!
    Well, might have to do an In Place Consectutive Overseas Tour (IPCOT) here, that would give me 8 years here. I can always extend a few years too. It all depends on what I want to do. Either way, I can find ways of keeping the fish. I could set-up some tanks at my new location and find an exporter to ship them to.....hmmmm, maybe Kenny LOL and then pick them up. Things I will think about in 4 or 5 years.

The water bill, it's only covered if you live on the base. Utilities are paid out of pocket but we do get money for utilities. Is it enough? NO WAY. Plus the exchange rate for the yen is AWFUL!!!

Thanks Scott and Av

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Happy Birthday Ed!!

Those are definitely a great gift!! Hope you enjoy them. Yea the yen will continue to get stronger as our dollar falls like a lead balloon Thank goodness for the COLA rate to offset things a bit. Enjoy Japan while your there Very nice place. We stopped through there in 89 on my way to Korea. Seems like yesterday.....

All The Best

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by susantroy1 View Post
    Happy Birthday Ed!!

Those are definitely a great gift!! Hope you enjoy them. Yea the yen will continue to get stronger as our dollar falls like a lead balloon Thank goodness for the COLA rate to offset things a bit. Enjoy Japan while your there Very nice place. We stopped through there in 89 on my way to Korea. Seems like yesterday.....

All The Best

Troy
    Thanks alot Troy! Japan is great, been here a year now and really enjoying. I really enjoy the fact that I was able to get some superior quality discus from the man himself, Forrest!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

take good care of them eddie,

hopefully they would grow up nicely.

sunny Kelowna in wine country the Okanagan Valley (Canada's answer to Napa Valley).

gotta add my happy b'day wishes. Great present! That Forrest, he is an 'afishianado'. Your tank is pristine. Happy fishes - happy fishman. My b'day was Feb 4th. I have been to the airport everyday since reading this thread - no fish. ???

Quote Originally Posted by clairel View Post
    gotta add my happy b'day wishes. Great present! That Forrest, he is an 'afishianado'. Your tank is pristine. Happy fishes - happy fishman. My b'day was Feb 4th. I have been to the airport everyday since reading this thread - no fish. ???
    LOL, thats funny! Happy Belated Birthday, maybe they will come next year.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Happy Birthday Eddie!

I just finally have some time getting back here and I see that your fish from Forrest have arrived safely! Very happy for you buddy I'm sure they'll do wonderfully under your care! All the best Eddie and Forrest told me to refund you 70 bucks and I'll be right on it!

Kenny
    p.s. sry for the delay Eddie the last few days have been TOTALLY hectic for me...it's also my niece upcoming 1-year birthday and we're having her party tomo!
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny's Discus View Post
    Happy Birthday Eddie!

I just finally have some time getting back here and I see that your fish from Forrest have arrived safely! Very happy for you buddy I'm sure they'll do wonderfully under your care! All the best Eddie and Forrest told me to refund you 70 bucks and I'll be right on it!

Kenny
    p.s. sry for the delay Eddie the last few days have been TOTALLY hectic for me...it's also my niece upcoming 1-year birthday and we're having her party tomo!
    No worries Kenny,

It wasn't anything I was expecting so it's just fortunate for me. Patience is a virtue.

That's great about you niece's birthday! Her and I are the same sign. I'm sure it will be a wonderful party. Have fun and take care.

Thanks again for being the middle man for the whole transaction. The fish are AMAZING. They eat like crazy and have a totally different personality than any discus I ever owned.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    Well, might have to do an In Place Consectutive Overseas Tour (IPCOT) here, that would give me 8 years here. I can always extend a few years too. It all depends on what I want to do. Either way, I can find ways of keeping the fish. I could set-up some tanks at my new location and find an exporter to ship them to.....hmmmm, maybe Kenny LOL and then pick them up. Things I will think about in 4 or 5 years.

The water bill, it's only covered if you live on the base. Utilities are paid out of pocket but we do get money for utilities. Is it enough? NO WAY. Plus the exchange rate for the yen is AWFUL!!!

Thanks Scott and Av

Eddie

Excellent! That's a long time to be away from home though. I wish you luck and thanks for what you do! Too bad the water isn't free! I'd move to Japan too! LOL!

hi Eddie,
    thank you very much for your support n thx every one for the comments.
    my apologies for the late reply on this post,were very busy for the past few days working on Kenny's shipment n the others.

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here you go Forrest, these shots are for you. Your fish are genetically superior.

Take care,

Eddie

Visit Eddie's Place

Real Name
    Francis

Nice work Eddie .....they are looking goood.

Cheers
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Nice work Eddie .....they are looking goood.

Cheers
    Francis
    Thanks Francis, just wanted to display the potential of Forrest's quality fish. They are doing quite well.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Eddie, those are some of the most beautiful discus I have ever seen! Just amazing. Someday I may have to save up my $$$ and get some of these beauties. BTW, have you learned to speak Japanese yet?
    Barbara

Eddie those BS are just WW!!!!!!! Very nice quality fish that Forrest has!! A big Thank you to Forrest for such great quality discus!
    Last edited by thebigone; 05-08-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    ~Josh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast