ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Sponge filters

Default Sponge filters

Hello, I have a 90g with a Eheim 2217 and I also added a sponge filter rated up to 125g (have another one on standby in case that's not enough). Anyway, it's hooked up to a Rena 400 and the sponge filter and Rena are noisy! I was wondering if I added an airstone if that would help with the sound of the bubbles breaking through the water and I don't know what to do about the Rena.
    Karen

Default Re: Sponge filters

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Hello, I have a 90g with a Eheim 2217 and I also added a sponge filter rated up to 125g (have another one on standby in case that's not enough). Anyway, it's hooked up to a Rena 400 and the sponge filter and Rena are noisy! I was wondering if I added an airstone if that would help with the sound of the bubbles breaking through the water and I don't know what to do about the Rena.
    Yes it will help to add an airstone. I have several that are fitted with a fine bubble airstone and it is a lot quieter. About the pump, not sure how to lessen the sound. I have read about putting a cloth underneath the pump but I hav never tried. I heard the Fusion air pumps are super quiet so I might get a few my self to try them out.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Default Re: Sponge filters

Thanks, sounds like I need to invest in an airstone and a new air pump
    Karen