AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: the layoff monster

Registered Member

Default the layoff monster

got called in to the shop this morning so they could give me my check and layoff notice. unemployed as of today may have alot of angles and discus for sale soon
    rick

Default Re: the layoff monster

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that! It's like the flu going around!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear that. I'm right there with you since September. Things will pick up soon.
    Renee'
    Today I'm feeling:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO-qS0DvBgE

Rick, sorry about that. I'm there too since January. I may be living in a card board box in a few months... long as I have room for my tank....
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Registered Member

sorry to here that bro,times are getting bad in the USA

Sorry to hear that and wish you good luck and speed in finding a new job. Our family recently went through a layoff. It can be tough.

Some things we did that helped:

-Start saving the 'nickles and dimes' early so you don't have to save dollars later (so to speak) . For example, instead of having to cut off services like cell/cable/satellite/internet down the road, cut back on those services early. Scale back to cheaper plans and drop optional service costs.
    -Be very conscious of electric and water/sewage costs. Make extra sure lights are not left on, water isn't left running, unplug chargers when not in use, put entertainment hardware (tv/vcr/dvd/receiver/etc) on a power strip that can be turned off.
    -Plan menus for a week to the detail. Planning menus ensures you only buy the items you need to complete the meal at the grocery store and helps to eliminate unnecessary spending. Don't be brand specific, shop the sales - USE COUPONS!
    -Start eating all that food you've been stashing in the freezer. We had turkey, venison, fish, and shrimp many nights and freed up some much needed freezer storage space. Saves a ton on the grocery bill.

Hope that helps - again best of luck to you.
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Registered Member

thanks all

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Rick...with our current economy like this everyone takes a hit one way or the other. I hope things will pick up for you in no time.

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Real Name
    Walter

I've been laidoff twice; first time was in 1995, I was able to find a new job with the competitor in a week!

The second time was as long as the first time was short: I was laidoff in 2003 and didn't find a job until 2005! worked some odd jobs, collected unemployment, lived off savings, etc... when I did finally find a job, it was a terrible telemarketing job - I took it and kept looking for a 'real job' and in 2007, I found one.

(the second time I was laidoff, my manager thought he was being smart and shutdown my position; within a year the company opened it up again. Not only that, he had me laid off before the end of the month so I wouldn't be able to collect my commission. FWIW, a coworker calls that manager, the "prince of evil".

Good luck!

Walter
    Walter

Registered Member

Seems that everyone is getting hit some way or the other these days with reduced hours ,pay cuts or layoff.