ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Anyone use titanium heaters?

Real Name
    Chris

Question Anyone use titanium heaters?

Hi all. I need to buy some new heaters as I'm using my last backup. I was going to get Jagers but I'm not hearing great things about them. My last Visa-Therms were a let down. Has anyone tried titanium heaters?
    Thanks in advance.

Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone use titanium heaters?

Yes.

Registered Member

I use the ones you get from jehmco. The ones that need a temp controler.

Registered Member

Didn't want to be a jerk but after typing a long reply just before submitting I got kicked out back to my home page and lost it all. Do'nt know how or why. I use both types. Ones that require a controller and ones that come with. I don't like the VIA AQUA brand that come with a controller as the sensor probe is wired into the heater tube on too short a cord and I also lost 1 of the 4 I bought within 3 months of use due to failure. One "Jalli" brand I had leaked water into the heater tube and shorted out the controller. I now place a relay in between the controller and the heaters to prevent such ocurrences. If you must place your heaters inside with your fish they are the way to go. I now keep my heaters outside the tank and thus can use cheap glass heaters with a good temp. control to run them.

Registered Member

Hi, I have three Finnex titanium heaters, two of them are 500 watt digital heaters in my 90 gal planted (I turn heat way down at night). With these, I have never varied a 1/2 degree. The other one is a Finnex titanium, but is not digital and that is a 300 watt in my thirty.

Spend the extra bucks and get the digital they are really worth it. My Finnex I got from auqacave.com in Chicago and they have super fast UPS at $5.

For checking ph & temp accuracy I use a digital Hanna ph/temp tester.

Registered Member

I just bought a 300w via aqua titanium it has an external stat control,I have digital and floating themometers both are holding perfectly at 30.4c in the 55gal,so for what ever reason I had a 200w and 300w in the tank before and there is no comparison for fluctuations in temperature in my case.
    .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Real Name
    Chris

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking that this may be the way to go.

Registered Member

If you didn't already buy your titanium heaters, you might take a look at the inline Hydor ETH heaters. I have had a few of them x a couple years now and they are the best I've used, bar none.--they hook into the canister filter hose; they aren't in the tank, they are constant and spot on for temp regulation, and work just beautifully. This is the only heater I will buy for my tanks now--as the older in tank heaters [including the titanium] die off, this is my replacement. They are pricier but last a long long time from what I have researched.
    My 2 cents.
    Best regards,
    Harriett