AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: StartSmart: Cycles Aquariums Instantly w/ PICS

Thumbs up Re: StartSmart: Cycles Aquariums Instantly w/ PICS

Thanks Angel for bringing this product to everyone's attention. I am currently have a bio filter issue in my tank and 16 hours after adding this product I am getting some very favorable results. I will post my experience with this product fully after 24 hours.....so far very promising!

Default Re: StartSmart: Cycles Aquariums Instantly w/ PICS

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal View Post
    I called the company that makes it. Got their number by googling TLC aquarium or TLC fish (otherwise lots of TLCs come up, nothing to do with fish products though) and they were very nice and extremely helpful. They took my number and then had a seller in PA call me. He sent me samples of several products and I just paid the shipping. Now I know where to buy it - he has a website: www.poppopsfish.com
    While the products from TLC are excellent, I now WOULD NOT recommend dealing with www.poppopsfish.com for anything at all, as he just ripped me off.

I paid him $24 on July 4 for a gallon of an aquarium optimizer which I had sampled in my tank. It is a wonderful product, reduced poo almost like magic instead of seeing it on the tank floor before WCs. It was never received, then I was told it would ship on July 15 via UPS. It did not ship, I never received the product, and John (poppop) has not had the courtesy to respond to my inquiries when I asked for a tracking number, or asked what's happened to my product, or even when I filed a case with PayPal. www.poppopsfish.com has even REMOVED their contact phone number from their website, which indicates to me that he's done this to a number of people. Of course, he has NOT returned my $24 either. He seemed very nice, but I guess it was a false face he put on.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Sorry to hear of your experience Connie; the TLC products are starting to show up in the aquarium shops in NJ, so hopefully soon they will be widely distributed.

An update on my progress with Startsmart:

I started with a bio filter issue Amm-.5 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-trace
    After 16 hours with Startsmart Amm-.25 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-5
    After 30 hours with Startsmart Amm-0 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-10

I will start another thread with all the info from start to finish with pics as soon as I have the time to write it all out. I'm usually skeptical of "Bacteria in a Bottle" products, but Startsmart does work.

Registered Member

I called the company that makes it. Got their number by googling TLC aquarium or TLC fish (otherwise lots of TLCs come up, nothing to do with fish products though) and they were very nice and extremely helpful. They took my number and then had a seller in PA call me. He sent me samples of several products and I just paid the shipping. Now I know where to buy it - he has a website: www.poppopsfish.com
    Hey Connie, how are you!? Thanks for doing the leg work on this one, it looks like it's worth the try--plz let us know how it works for you when you try it.
    Best regards,
    Harriett

Thanks for the heads up Connie, I was about to send ole 'Pops' an email asking if he had any in stock since it wasn't listed on his website, then I saw your heads up and found another online distributor - Blue Zoo -
    www.bluezooaquatics.com. I ordered a couple of bottles from them and will report back on the service I receive.

Thanks for the update and info Islesfan, what size tank are you cycling?

-jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Quote Originally Posted by yim11 View Post
    -jim

Its a 55

Quote Originally Posted by Islesfan View Post
    Sorry to hear of your experience Connie; the TLC products are starting to show up in the aquarium shops in NJ, so hopefully soon they will be widely distributed.

An update on my progress with Startsmart:

I started with a bio filter issue Amm-.5 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-trace
    After 16 hours with Startsmart Amm-.25 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-5
    After 30 hours with Startsmart Amm-0 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-10

I will start another thread with all the info from start to finish with pics as soon as I have the time to write it all out. I'm usually skeptical of "Bacteria in a Bottle" products, but Startsmart does work.
    That StartSmart really does work well, doesn't it? Tony from Sunrise Tropicals recommended it to me saying that its a bio starter that actually works.

I hope it finally shows up here in the Poconos.
    Last edited by poconogal; 08-10-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Connie

Thanks for the heads up Connie, I was about to send ole 'Pops' an email asking if he had any in stock since it wasn't listed on his website, then I saw your heads up and found another online distributor - Blue Zoo -
    www.bluezooaquatics.com. I ordered a couple of bottles from them and will report back on the service I receive.

-jim
    Thanks for the link, Jim, I appreciate it. At least now I have another source.

Edit: Jim, I just went to the site thru your link and I saw the picture of the StartSmart bottle. It says SALTWATER on it. There are 2 types, for FW use and for SW use. I don't see FW StartSmart on that site.
    Last edited by poconogal; 08-10-2009 at 05:49 PM.
    Connie

Thanks for the link, Jim, I appreciate it. At least now I have another source.

Edit: Jim, I just went to the site thru your link and I saw the picture of the StartSmart bottle. It says SALTWATER on it. There are 2 types, for FW use and for SW use. I don't see FW StartSmart on that site.
    You are correct - I just got off the phone with them and all they have is the saltwater Smartsmart and I wasn't given the impression they were getting any freshwater Smartstart in soon. I guess the hunt continues...

Thanks,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

You are correct - I just got off the phone with them and all they have is the saltwater Smartsmart and I wasn't given the impression they were getting any freshwater Smartstart in soon. I guess the hunt continues..

Thanks,
    -jim
    If you can't find it online, the store where I got it had quite a few bottles at $11.99 each which treats 50 gallons. I could pick it up for you and send it out. LMK

Update this am.....

Amm-0
    Nitrites-0.25
    Nitrates-5

It is two days after Startsmart was added and this is the first time Nitrite has shown up in the water. Did 50% WC and added some kosher salt. Will test again this evening to see if its just a quick spike and gone in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Harriett View Post
    Hey Connie, how are you!? Thanks for doing the leg work on this one, it looks like it's worth the try--plz let us know how it works for you when you try it.
    Best regards,
    Harriett
    Hey Harriett, I'm fine! This stuff seems to work very well, much better than Stability has been. Stability used to work well, but in the last year, yuck, useless.
    Connie

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tony

Okay so let me get this straight, I buy a bottle of this stuff and I can put in fish immediately on brand new tank and filter? I am very new so I don't want to kill fish. I just bought my tank i haven't even put water in it yet waiting for filter system

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Tony13 View Post
    Okay so let me get this straight, I buy a bottle of this stuff and I can put in fish immediately on brand new tank and filter? I am very new so I don't want to kill fish. I just bought my tank i haven't even put water in it yet waiting for filter system
    Hard to say. This thread is seven years old.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tony

Well I guess it must be not have worked as good as people thought because I didn't find anything
    Last edited by Tony13; 09-26-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast