ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Photos and Update!!!Northeast Discus Meeting -Spring 2009 (May 2)

Default Re: Photos and Update!!!Northeast Discus Meeting -Spring 2009 (May 2)

Hey Guys,

I had so much fun. Candy (fish) room in the basement, good folks upstairs, awesome food - i dont know what else to ask. Al's fish are microchipped btw so we were not able to sneak any out . We will try it again next time though.

Thank you Al and the family for hosting.

It was a pleasure seeing everyone last saturday and putting faces behind the names here at simply. I enjoyed the company and looking forward this summer to Grillmaster's place

-ian
    -ian
    -----------
    Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I got a box of Cohiba's from my son for my birthday. Come up to Canada Al we can somke some with good Canadian beer.
    Joe
    Moon, My Fellow Sri Lankan..I Didn't get a chance to meet up with you the last time i was up in Canada, picking up fish from Bob. It was a mad rush and a 20 hour round trip. Next time I come up I most definitely will meet up with you, and not only because you have a box of Cohiba's LOL!

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by ashaysathe View Post
    Truely Awesome.. We really have formed a very nice group of people and adding face to the forum id and posts takes it to a totally different level.
    Thanks Al and Carie for hosting this. Mark (bastalker) for grilling. Dottie for flying over for the event. Quality Time well spent.

Angel - My son says Muffin (Angel's dog) looks like Spike from Tom and Jerry.
    Ashay,

Muffin would eat Spike for a light snack! LOL such a shame we didnt get to take any pictures of him. He had such an awesome time on this road trip out to CT. Great weater, fantastic day, what an amazing time!

Quote Originally Posted by GrillMaster View Post
    Another homerun Al! The hospitality from Carrie and yourself is always second to none my friend!

Great food, excellent homemade brew and good friends!! A good time was definately had by all!!

It was nice meeting Dottie, Kenny, Pete, Jamie, Angel, Dennis (I believe I have left out a couple) I apoligize...Its an age thing. I hope to see all you at the future "meetings".

See ya in the summer Dottie!!

Angel...There WILL be brisket!
    Mark,
    It was so nice to meet you and have a discussion about BBQing. I don't feel comfortable with you smoking Brisket without me being part of it. There are those Texas websites where they overnight you cuts of meat. I would be greatly honored if i had a brisket sent over to you so you can do it justice. I want to see a good smoke ring on it ya hear! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hi Ryan,
    I did a Power point pres on Discus health and diseases.. You should fly up some time for one of these get togethers!

-al
    Me and Muffin had such a great experience! Al was a great host, the food was delicious. Turns out Al can give John Adams ( The Brewery) a run for the money. His homebrew and his honey meade (I think thats how its spelled), was out of this world.

Attached are pics of Al's powerpoint presentation which was thorough and informative.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And I thought I made it thru this event without being photographed!

Thanks" Angel , the Stealth Photographer! " for taking a few snap shots there! It was great meeting you finally face to face and I enjoyed our chats much!

Muffin was probably the most low key, unimposing canine I've ever met!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    And I thought I made it thru this event without being photographed!

Thanks" Angel , the Stealth Photographer! " for taking a few snap shots there! It was great meeting you finally face to face and I enjoyed our chats much!

Muffin was probably the most low key, unimposing canine I've ever met!

-al
    Thats Right AL!
    Im training to be a paparazzi LOL!
    We didn't get to chat enough i think, but then again i have something to look forward to in June. Brisket and discus chats at Grillmaster's!

Joanne and I would like to thank Al and Carrie for there hospitality, it was a time, good food and good people. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Al i Am glad i brought my wife, now it dosn,t look like i have a lot of tanks after she saw yours.

Dave i think you should go back and get those spotted albinos for celeste

Thanks again Fred

Hey Fred, I'll call ya when I pick those albinos up !! huh huh huh huh Great to meet Joanne. Now we'll see you at future meetings !! Come by soooon, David

Quote Originally Posted by SriAngel
    Mark,
    It was so nice to meet you and have a discussion about BBQing. I don't feel comfortable with you smoking Brisket without me being part of it. There are those Texas websites where they overnight you cuts of meat. I would be greatly honored if i had a brisket sent over to you so you can do it justice. I want to see a good smoke ring on it ya hear! LOL
    Come up anythime Angel!! We can get a brisket here, drink a few beers and smoke away!
    Mark

I am in Mark - although i would do none of it .. but in for the plan.. anytime my friend..
    Ashay Sathe
    Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.

Blog: http://vrsathe.blogspot.com/

Well, I'm beginning to recover & resurface a bit...long trip, but I had such a blast & I'm really glad I did it....Al & Carrie were consummate hosts & worked so hard to make it a fun day......wonder if they've resurfaced yet, lol.....my thanks to you both!!

Al's fishroom is a wonder to behold...good thing he had all those fish "chipped"..so we couldn't get a "grab-bag"..lol......oh, & I did see that clever video cam you had hidden, Al.....guess I just have to put my dibs in for babies from those gorgeous gold/yellows.....you sure should be proud of that collection Al..........

The food was awesome & plentiful & the "Grillmaster" did a superb job..we all enjoyed it, Mark...workin' on the menu for summer yet? lol....

& it was wonderful to touch base with old friends & meet many new ones...sure wish I was closer so I could be with y'all every time...but, you never know what'll happen next, lol.....

Dottie

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Registered Member

Hello Everyone! I am finally able to post, my time in queue limbo has passed!! Anyway, Jamie and I would like to thank everyone for their graciousnes and hospitality. What a great time we had. The food was perfect and the homebrew was exceptional! Lets not even forget to mention the beauty of all the fish! There were even non-discus! (Though Uarus, Severums, and Angels are still discoid) Thanks for allowing non-discus keeping heathens into your midst! As soon as our fishroom is up and running discus are soon to follow. Perhaps some San Merah's? By the way those are the coolest!!
    Thanks Again,
    Pete and Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by ashaysathe View Post
    I am in Mark - although i would do none of it .. but in for the plan.. anytime my friend..
    Yer welcome up here anytime my friend! Ya dont even need ta call...

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie
    Mark...workin' on the menu for summer yet? lol....
    I think so Dottie, although the requests are comin in pretty heavy at the moment. The plan is a pig roast, but its lookin like a few meat dishes will be BB-Qued as well. We might just scrap the pig roast idea and just BB Que...
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by izzo View Post
    Hello Everyone! I am finally able to post, my time in queue limbo has passed!! Anyway, Jamie and I would like to thank everyone for their graciousnes and hospitality. What a great time we had. The food was perfect and the homebrew was exceptional! Lets not even forget to mention the beauty of all the fish! There were even non-discus! (Though Uarus, Severums, and Angels are still discoid) Thanks for allowing non-discus keeping heathens into your midst! As soon as our fishroom is up and running discus are soon to follow. Perhaps some San Merah's? By the way those are the coolest!!
    Thanks Again,
    Pete and Jamie
    Pete, I am thrilled that you and Jamie Joined us.. It was great seeing you at my home and when you are ready for discus.. Just say the word and I will be happy to help get you started.

See you at The Norwalk meeting later this month!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member discusluvr818's Avatar

Default Re: Northeast Discus Meeting -Spring 2009 (May 2)

Quote Originally Posted by gotfish? View Post
    ahhh why cant we have something like this southern california??
    OK, It is time to start LA discus!!

Man that looks like it would have been a blast. We should start a southern california club, LA discus or something.
    Raul~

Lately there has been some confusion as to who is running things around here...me or the fish

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213