AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Rena Smart Heater

Real Name
    Francis

Default Rena Smart Heater

Just got this Rena Smart Heater 300 watts.....so far so good....unbreakable with indicator light....warning light flashes in event of abnormal temperature.

Cheers
    Francis

Default Re: Rena Smart Heater

Hey Francis, does it look like it can be cleaned inside since it serves as the filter intake? Also, when doing WCs, how much of the filter must remain in water, if any? Looks like a pretty large light too (is it?) and a flashing light for abnormal temp is a great idea! I hope it works well, awaiting updates. Maybe this is a heater that should be stocked in Connie's Fish Store in the basement?

BTW went shopping in C'sCS in the basement and came up with the Olympus Stylus 1010 which I'll have on Friday. I'll be able to take pics again (once I figure it out, that is)!
    Last edited by poconogal; 03-24-2009 at 07:50 AM.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Registered Member

Yes, it can be cleaned inside like a filter intake tube. It does not, however, need to be used in this fashion. If you're using it with a different canister (non-Rena) and the tubing doesn't fit exact, there could be a rather large hole at the top in the back that will need to be screened in some fashion if you use it as an intake.

So it can be used like a regular heater too? Cool! I do have 2 Rena XPs but I also have Aqua Clears so its versatile! Hmmmm, I hope it works well.

Could probably use an adapter in the event someone's hose size is different than what the heater calls for?
    Last edited by poconogal; 03-24-2009 at 07:55 AM.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Registered Member

Yes, they can absolutely be used like a regular heater, although I'd probably cap the top with screen to prevent fish from getting in. And I agree, versatile adapters should be included, at the very least from US to metric.

Real Name
    Francis

Hey Connie,

That's good news with the camera....now you need to go down to the basement and look for Connie's ATM machine

Cheers
    Francis

PS

The idicator light is quite big.....I will disassemble it whan my next tank maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal View Post
    Hey Francis, does it look like it can be cleaned inside since it serves as the filter intake? Also, when doing WCs, how much of the filter must remain in water, if any? Looks like a pretty large light too (is it?) and a flashing light for abnormal temp is a great idea! I hope it works well, awaiting updates. Maybe this is a heater that should be stocked in Connie's Fish Store in the basement?

BTW went shopping in C'sCS in the basement and came up with the Olympus Stylus 1010 which I'll have on Friday. I'll be able to take pics again (once I figure it out, that is)!

Registered Member

i have a couple of this and they work great hooked it up so the filter very rieliable