AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: air supply, need help.

Registered Member

Default air supply, need help.

guys, i bought an AP-100 air pump that can carry 33 sponge filter.. for now, i want to supply air on two tanks for my quarantine.. it has manifold came with it (33 holes)..

the problem is, i want to use two holes for now for my hospital tank.. i can't seem to have it work because there's too much air coming out from the other holes of the manifold.. should i cover them? so that i can supply air to the tank that i want to use?

P.S.
    sorry for my english.. i have a hard time explaining on what i want to be happen.. hope you guys understand what i mean..

Banned

Default Re: air supply, need help.

Cover just enough holes to give the air that you want; do not cover them all. This would put back pressure on the pump and damage it.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Cover just enough holes to give the air that you want; do not cover them all. This would put back pressure on the pump and damage it.
    thanks graham for response.. what should i cover the holes with?

Banned

You could use a bit od electrical tape or even some airline with a knot tied in it. Just remember that you have to bleed away as much air as possible. The least amount of back pressure the better

Registered Member

Good idea bleed away as much air as possible..If you have a water storage tank you could bleed off some excess air into it.

Registered Member

thanks guys.. how about an air stone on each hole?

Banned

Most of the stones that we use are way too small and are crap to start with. They're not a good way to bleed off excess air...they add back pressure. You're better off just running some long airline off to an area where you can't hear the whistle from it.