AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Wink Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Hi All,

Been a while for this old Discus breeder :-)

Would ANYONE by chance still have the ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise bloodline ?? Yes the one from his original book..... not a Super Purple Lavender Ring Eruption from deep in Vietnamese jungle, but the true US bred fish from the ORIGINAL master ?????? Can you tell I'm still a purest ....tee hee

I will be asking for pictures and you will have to ship ( USPS/Fedex/whatever ) to North Dakota where I'll pick them up

Hope SOMEONE out there will still have something :-)

Thank you for your time

Dale Jordan

PS. Also, if you purchased ANY Discus from me in the past and STILL have ANY of those original lines....those are of interest as well !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dalejordan; 04-10-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Registered Member

Default Re: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

When I saw who the author of the post was, all I could say was WOW! We've never met and I never bought any of your fish but Jordan Hatcheries had fish I drooled over. Obviously this was a few years ago when I first got into discus, probably late 80's. Got out of them and when I recently started up again, I just had to see what happened to your business. Obviously didn't find anything. Welcome back. You going to start out slow or dive in big time?

Welcome to Simply.

Kirk

Thank you for the kind words ;-)

I more than likely would still be involved in Discus if it wasn't for two things. Firstly, USFW in the early nineties became more and more a pain in the a#$ as their fees and regulations became ridiculous. Second of all, I truly disliked these 'genetic monstrosities' coming out of the far east. No disrespect to anyone out there, but I couldn't offer my customers purity knowing these things were genetic disasters. Unfortunately, you have to change with the times and offer the customer what they want or fold.....I decided to fold :-(

I always liked the simple, pure strains of the early times of Discus rearing.....this is why I'M HOPING, someone still has a good line somewhere out there :-)

In regards to getting back into it, sorry, just looking for something NICE to look at and attempt to retain the blood line. USFW has become even WORSE as the recipient now requires an import permit along with an inspection fee of $124.00.....impossible / cost prohibitive to ship into the US ;-( I just spawned ( the first as far as I know ) Uaru Sp. Orange. I almost had to give up my first born to get them to Jeff Rapps in NJ and Mark Robinson in IND.....not fun now !!!

Once again, thank you for your kind words :-) Should anyone want to chat Discus....contact me anytime !!!

Dale

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Welcome back Dale...

I had some of Jack's Turks back in the early 90's but they are long gone now...Hope to see you on Simply...you have a lot of knowledge that we would love if you shared.

As far as the Fees from USFW...I agree they stink...

I really wanted some of those Uaru sp. 'orange' but shipping on a handful of fish kills me. Do you have any pictures of the parents? I'd love to see them.

Sorry for hijacking your turk thread

Dale I am glad to see your getting back into Discus..Keep me in mind if you happen to source some of those old strains have you talked to Jack? v

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
    I really wanted some of those Uaru sp. 'orange' but shipping on a handful of fish kills me. Do you have any pictures of the parents? I'd love to see them.

Sorry for hijacking your turk thread
    Hey Ryan,

Jeff Rapps has them for sale right now in the US ( plus he has the picture of the mother posted )

You could also get them from Mark Robinson at:
    mark@rmc-aquatic.com

Or if your in Canada, Bob at Aquatropics: waterdude65@gmail.com

The parents had close to 500 young. These were the three people I sent the babies to :-)

GOOD LUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Archer View Post
    Dale I am glad to see your getting back into Discus..Keep me in mind if you happen to source some of those old strains have you talked to Jack? v
    Hey Vern,

Did talk to Jack. He feels what he has now is not that old fashioned fish I'm looking for

Thanks for the advice though :-)

The strain your looking for is not that easy to find anymore. I'm sure Jack mentioned that by breeding that strain for 40 years the same thing has happened to it, as well as most other blue strains. They have become bluer and less striated. It might be a challenge for someone to try and recreate it. You just need some real good Tefe greens and some real good Manacapuru blues. More discus that are not that easy to find with real good colors.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Hi Dale,

just make a trip to Baltimore and you can hand pick some nice brilliants.

I know they are not Mr. Wattley's but what are these days?????

In my book he's still one of the nicest man in Discus World and I highly respect him but after he quit, I think there is not much left of the Wattley strains,

Hans
    Last edited by Discus-Hans; 04-03-2009 at 09:37 PM.
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Hi Dale,

just make a trip to Baltimore and you can hand pick some nice brilliants.

I know they are not Mr. Wattley's but what are these days?????

In my book he's still one of the nicest man in Discus World and I highly respect him but after he quit, I think there is not much left of the Wattley strains,

Hans
    Yeh I know my chances are slim....one never knows though :-) Some of you may remember good old Wally Runge who kept Mac Galbraiths "Powder blue" strain uninterrupted for years !!! So I'm hoping that some poor soul has a few prs in their basement somewhere in nowhere USA :-) I'm CROSSING MY FINGERS :-)

Just curious, but have you tried talking to Gabe at Jack Wattley's hatchery in Miami? I know he has some fish there that are over 15 years old and has kept certain lineage's up. I'm not sure if he has what your looking for, but may, or may know who does.

Cathy
    Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dalejordan View Post
    Hey Vern,

Did talk to Jack. He feels what he has now is not that old fashioned fish I'm looking for

Thanks for the advice though :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcat View Post
    Just curious, but have you tried talking to Gabe at Jack Wattley's hatchery in Miami? I know he has some fish there that are over 15 years old and has kept certain lineage's up. I'm not sure if he has what your looking for, but may, or may know who does.

Cathy
    Cathy,

He already spoke with Jack...see above quote

I did see that he had spoke with Jack, my thought was since Gabe Posada has run his hatchey for many years, maybe he could be of some help. My husband and I find Gabe to be a wealth of knowledge and very helpful and informative. Just a thought, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

Cathy
    Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Mahatma Gandhi

Cathy,

Good point...

I know Gabe Also...I may give him a call and see if he knows anyone who may have some...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast