AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Registered Member

Default Re: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Dale,
    Check with Murasaki, he was selling your fish in the SF Bay Area and sending the rest to Japan.

Cliff

Dale,

I dropped you a Private Message about the Uaru. I hope you find what you're looking for with the turquoise discus. This thread helped me find the Uaru orange.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Dale,
    Check with Murasaki, he was selling your fish in the SF Bay Area and sending the rest to Japan.

Cliff

Is that guy still around ?? Sure...if you have the contact info, I'd appreciate it !!!

Just a point of fact Wayne Ng and Jack Wattley are good friends. He developed his blue lines from Jacks' original Turq's. If you take a look at a Reflection Deep at 5" they look identical to Jacks fish from back in the day, and these fish breed true. I partly got interested in these fish because it reminded me of a magnificent pair of Turqs' that Jack sent me almost 10 years back. Best of luck in your search!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Good point Angel. Now that you mention that, I remember back in the early 90's I asked Jack who would be the best person to get fish from the Far East and he mentioned Wayne. The one thing I remember him telling me was that they would not be cheap

Yes I can see the relation in his fish....but it's still not a "Wattley Turq" :-) One of the TRUE Characteristics of the WT's was the 'two tone' color. The inside of the fish had a green tone that turned to blue as you radiated outwards on the fish. There was also a distinctive 'depth / luminescence' to the fish that I cant see in these other fish ( the Blue knight has a little of what I'm trying to describe )

REALLY appreciate you all trying to help....THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH ;-)

See I had three pairs of these discus in the early ninetys I answered and ad in of a magazine a guy in New Jersey had a Tank Full of them I bought the whole lot of them and they paired of shortly after.I had them for a couple of years until I packed up and headed to Tampa.Wow interesting you bring these up.I had sold them off before I left.I hope you can get the Strain back I would be intersted in a dozen of them.I still have all my old discus books and I look at the discus in there and you just dont see the older style strains you used to.Keep us posted if you get it together I am sure some of us on here would gladly buy from you.
    Dave

Registered Member

If someone could find some of those original types it would be awesome. I got some turquoise from Gabe about 6 years ago when I first started out. They looked a lot like the original line from Jack, but as they became older they lost about half their striations. They were the closest I have seen of the original line to date.

-Ryan
    -Ryan Karcher
    Aquatic Eco Systems Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Dkarc@Aol.com View Post
    If someone could find some of those original types it would be awesome. I got some turquoise from Gabe about 6 years ago when I first started out. They looked a lot like the original line from Jack, but as they became older they lost about half their striations. They were the closest I have seen of the original line to date.

-Ryan
    I remember a fella named Gil that lived on the east coast that had Wattley Turks. I had some of his crossed fish that were a cross between the Wattley Turk and Angel Diamond. That was back in 04-05 so not sure if this guy is still in the discus scene. It would be great to find out though. They were gorgeous

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    I remember a fella named Gil that lived on the east coast that had Wattley Turks. I had some of his crossed fish that were a cross between the Wattley Turk and Angel Diamond. That was back in 04-05 so not sure if this guy is still in the discus scene. It would be great to find out though. They were gorgeous

Eddie
    Now we're getting somewhere :-) Does anyone remember this guy ??

THANKS Eddie !!

You might be talking about Gil Curtin from Long Island.A breeder who started back in the '60's. Won a lot of awards in a bunch of shows back then. A real interesting guy. He stopped about 2-3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    You might be talking about Gil Curtin from Long Island.A breeder who started back in the '60's. Won a lot of awards in a bunch of shows back then. A real interesting guy. He stopped about 2-3 years ago.
    Thats probably him, he was from that part of the country. If anyone can contact him, I am sure he sourced out to someone.

I ended up grabbing a half dozen of the crosses before I jumped on a plane from Baltimore to Portugal and all the fish survived in my carry-on.

Somebody on the east coast should have something for sure.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

I gave my father in law a bunch of Wattley turqs for present almost 20 years ago. He bred them for 10 years before selling all of them off. I remember them being very beautiful and now that I would like to acquire Wattleys I can't find them. I wish I had obtained a few from my father in law. Good luck with your search and let me know if you find any.

Dr. Peter Kim

Does anyone have pictures of Wattley Turks?

Adrian
    Phillipians 4:4-7

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of Wattley Turks?

Adrian
    here's that original picture again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast