AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Default Re: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Found this in the old achieved section. Maybe this could help you.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 PM #260
    Dolphin Dip Undisclosed
    Registered Member

[United States]

Default Re: Whats your Next Discus going to be?
    im picking up 3 more jack w. turqoise tuesday.
    Dolphin Dip is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dalejordan View Post
    Is that guy still around ?? Sure...if you have the contact info, I'd appreciate it !!!
    Dale,
    Check your PM

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by dalejordan View Post
    here's that original picture again
    I guess what I meant to say, is are there any more examples of what this strain looks like.

Adrian
    Phillipians 4:4-7

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Dale,
    Check your PM

Cliff
    Cliff,

Just tried Murisaki's ph #....no longer in service :-(

Back to the drawing board ;-)

thanks again

You know what is funny about this thread if you didnt want them there would be like 20 people on here trying to get rid of them.Good old Murphy's LAw
    DAve

What ever happend to the guy named Gan he had at the time the golden discus this was years ago when wattley's pandas came on scene he bought alot of jacks fish and crossed them with his own.Maybe someone has them from him.Just an idea.You could try to get some quality wilds and start the strain im sure jacks recipe for that is out here somewherejust would take some time. just a thought.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

The grass on the other side of the hill is always greener.

You only miss it when it's gone.

Everything in the OLD days was always better.

I can come up with a few more lol

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Just a fish I always liked....before I had them, when I had them and now I dont have them. Kinda think a few people feel the same way judging by the response to this thread :-)
    Last edited by dalejordan; 04-06-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Dale I wished you would live closer by, I'm sure you could find something between the brilliant, solid and cobalt's Stendker is breeding,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZ. View Post
    What ever happend to the guy named Gan he had at the time the golden discus this was years ago when wattley's pandas came on scene he bought alot of jacks fish and crossed them with his own.Maybe someone has them from him.Just an idea.You could try to get some quality wilds and start the strain im sure jacks recipe for that is out here somewherejust would take some time. just a thought.
    Gan is now breeding Arowanas and Endlers. The Arowana has become very popular, there just not allowed to be sold in the U.S., and he created an all new strain of the Endler livebearer.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Registered Member

Actually, I think arrowanas are allowed to be sold in the US if they are micro chipped and verified as being farm raised. They're also very expensive. Of course, I could be wrong (about the selling part)

Kirk

Gil Curtin is retired as stated, he sold what ever breeders he had to a local couple that could not keep up with the work involved and sold or lost the fish. His son works in a bank I go to and we chat now and then, I used to go to Gil when his son was a young boy. Gil had a setup years ago that was amazing, the first breeding setup for discus I ever saw. We got friendly and he showed me his awards and pics af him and Wattley while browsing his tanks with the breeding pairs tending to their young. He hatched his own brine shrimp and fed the young on a continuous schedule. He was mad at the people he sold to at the end when he got rid of the fish, he only sold these long time pairs because they promised to keep breeding. It was such a pleasure to listen to his many stories. And while you were there, people from all over the east visited him by appointment to buy his fish.
    Last edited by MSD; 04-07-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Mark

Banned

Bonytongue, Asian (Arowana)
    What are the permit requirements to import an Asian bonytongue or arowana? The Asian bonytongue (Scleropages formosus) is listed as endangered under the ESA and in CITES Appendix I.

These fish may not be imported for commercial or personal pet purposes.
    Click here to obtain a fact sheet that outlines the purposes for which an ESA permit may be issued. If you intend to import an Asian bonytongue for one of the specified purposes, click here for an application form. You also need to obtain a CITES document from the foreign country. Although some Asian bonytongues are bred in foreign facilities that are registered with the CITES Secretariat to commercialize this Appendix-I species, they may not be imported into the United States unless the intended use of the import meets the ESA permit requirements, and an ESA permit has been granted.
    http://www.fws.gov/international/DMA_DSA/pdf/esa.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Gil Curtin is retired as stated, he sold what ever breeders he had to a local couple that could not keep up with the work involved and sold or lost the fish. His son works in a bank I go to and we chat now and then, I used to go to Gil when his son was a young boy. Gil had a setup years ago that was amazing, the first breeding setup for discus I ever saw. We got friendly and he showed me his awards and pics af him and Wattley while browsing his tanks with the breeding pairs tending to their young. He hatched his own brine shrimp and fed the young on a continuous schedule. He was ad the people he sold to at the end got rid of the fish, he only sold these long time pairs because they promised to keep breeding. It was such a pleasure to listen to his many stories. And while you were there, people from all over the east visited him by appointment to buy his fish.
    I really appreciate this info. This is the kind of lead we need and I'm sure there has to be others out there with similar stories ( and maybe some fish :-)

thank you again

I can give you his son's number at the bank, he is Gil Curtin jr., if you like, just msg me so he doesn't get too many calls.
    Mark

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast