ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Default Re: Wanted : ORIGINAL Wattley Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by dalejordan View Post
    You bet !!! Actually stumbled on a source with what I feel to be 95% Original Wattley turq ( the shape being my only concern )

Originally, I had mentioned that my source was a cross between a W.Turq and a blue Diamond. luckily, I found a small hobbyist/breeder that had what I was looking for :-) They had the true Wattley coloration, sheen and even the 'mild/medium' red eyes. The juvenile striation is exactly the way it should be at the age they are now. The only thing that is a little out of kilter is they are slightly higher bodied than the original line. As you guys all know, this is easily rectified with a back cross to a wild full sheen royal green. This cross will be my first goal as they reach spawning age late this fall.

I will be going on holidays in a day or two but will post pictures and give a little more info. when I get back :-)

Take care all !!!!!

Well done! Of course you know we all want pics then we will all want babies so enjoy your holidays now because when you get back you will be a busy busy boy! Good Luck!
    Cheers Kath

Registered Member

Nothing like the original Wattley turq's. i think my grandpa had some of these guys back in the early 90's from what i can remember. i was only a few years old then.
    Joe

Registered Member

Dale -

Any updates on the Wattley turquoise project?

Gold Member

Don't think that project is going any more.Think he had issues with them.I belive Vern Archer took over for him.Could be wrong but that is what I remember.Someone else might chime in to correct me or have more info

Registered Member Discus Origins's Avatar

Dale is out of the discus breeding for the time being.
    Mark

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456