AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Great experience with Mark at Nassau Discus

Default Great experience with Mark at Nassau Discus

I recently made a purchase from Mark at Nassau Discus and could not be more pleased with not only the amazing fish I received but also the great service.

I initially contacted Mark after winning a NADA gift certificate for his company. Mark was very attentive to details, from not only the conditions of the fish but also to the specific physical aspects of the fish I wanted to purchase. I selected a couple of Red Spotted Green (domestics), and the fish arrived very well packed, alert and upright in the bags. I really try to leave them alone as much as possible during unpacking and acclimation (lights off in tank room), so even though I 'saw' them and knew they looked great, it wasn't until I got some good light on them that I realized they looked REALLY great! Based on a tip (thanks Jerry), I was able to confirm my fish were sourced from ACA winner Kelvin Chiang, so that would explain the high quality.

I could not be happier with my purchase or experience, and I highly recommend Mark and Nassau Discus.

http://discus.fsharpe.com/

The pics below are from the QT soon after getting them and do NOT do them justice but give a good idea of the overall quality. I'll post more later after they get settled in.

Thanks,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Default Re: Great experience with Mark at Nassau Discus

Wow Jim, they are gorgeous! Great purchase! Are they a pair or unknown? Either way, they are super nice.

Best of luck with them,
    Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Thanks Eddie, they are unknown at this time, and still young (about 4.5" TL)

We'll see!
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

I do have to say Mark sent you some really nice fish.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

wow nice fish. congrats for your new fish

Tito

Nice fish and Mark's strain is definitely competing with a strain from NJ - but the NJ dealer is not a simplydiscus sponsor so I will not mention them.

Very nice score for you.

I need to change my answer to you Eddie:

This REALLY caught me off guard, but it's been really fun watching the spawn, I have never seen it from start to finish with my own eyes before.

I had planned for these guys to go into the main discus tank when they were done in QT but I think they will get accommodations of their own so we can see if anything comes from their efforts.

Thanks,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

i know mark. he is a great guy. he help me about my new 150 gallon set up. i am very new into discus. mark gave me good infos over the phone thanks to him

Quote Originally Posted by yim11 View Post
    I recently made a purchase from Mark at Nassau Discus and could not be more pleased with not only the amazing fish I received but also the great service.

I initially contacted Mark after winning a NADA gift certificate for his company. Mark was very attentive to details, from not only the conditions of the fish but also to the specific physical aspects of the fish I wanted to purchase. I selected a couple of Red Spotted Green (domestics), and the fish arrived very well packed, alert and upright in the bags. I really try to leave them alone as much as possible during unpacking and acclimation (lights off in tank room), so even though I 'saw' them and knew they looked great, it wasn't until I got some good light on them that I realized they looked REALLY great! Based on a tip (thanks Jerry), I was able to confirm my fish were sourced from ACA winner Kelvin Chiang, so that would explain the high quality.

I could not be happier with my purchase or experience, and I highly recommend Mark and Nassau Discus.

http://discus.fsharpe.com/

The pics below are from the QT soon after getting them and do NOT do them justice but give a good idea of the overall quality. I'll post more later after they get settled in.

Thanks,
    -jim