AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckel Mini Biotope

Default Re: Heckel Mini Biotope

I think that looks great Eddie. I'm sure you know I'm always partial to a nicely decorated discus tank. Hope they do the thing for you in their love motel

Re the cardinals. I usually grown my cardinals up in their own tank & only add them to the discus tank when they are grown. That makes them usually too big into discus sized mouths.

BTW, weren't you setting up a planted tank for your wife. When do we see that one?
    Cheers
    Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by plecocicho View Post
    More leaching manzanita wood and floating plants will make therir love nest even cousier. Do they act like the real couple or were only few shy atempsts of courting between them?
    Hello Pleco, sorry didn't reply on this one but yes they seem to be doing some love tapping. I think it will be a long time before anything though as I just added them to their Motel de Amor! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil View Post
    Very Nice Setup and Beautiful Fish, Eddie. Your Discus look so beautiful and healthy. Very nice indeed.
    Thanx for Sharing.

Muzammil
    Thanks alot Muzammil, really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by TankWatcher View Post
    I think that looks great Eddie. I'm sure you know I'm always partial to a nicely decorated discus tank. Hope they do the thing for you in their love motel

Re the cardinals. I usually grown my cardinals up in their own tank & only add them to the discus tank when they are grown. That makes them usually too big into discus sized mouths.

BTW, weren't you setting up a planted tank for your wife. When do we see that one?
    Thanks Robyn, I tried to get some floating plants today but no luck. I added more wood though, looks good, I'll get more shots.

The wife's tank, yeah....its done but I need to let everything settle down. I added some more low front coverage and stirred up the dirt alot. I'm using amazonia plant soil on top of powersand and the growth is insane! I don't use co2 and the plants are really thriving. Did some re-arranging and trimming today too. I'll try to get some shots for you tomorrow once the cloudiness disappears.

Thanks everyone,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Couple more branches added, may need a few more though. Enjoy

Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Looks great Eddie,are you planning on planting it or leaving it as is?
    -Mark

Hey Eddie,since you do such great work how about dropping by my place and do a tank for me!!! Its only a short jaunt LOL Tuck

You are killing me Eddie That is a beautiful tank! Great looking heckels!Where did you find the amazonian plant soil? I really wish you would stop posting pictures, LOL. Super nice set up.

Kenny

Hi Eddie... I really like your little "love shack". If you are having trouble finding floating plants.. you can just try some that normally are planted .. My husband pulled a small sword in his tank to trim and left it floating before he got round to replanting it,, The plant is doing great and the fish love it.. You could also go with wisteria the same way.. Whatever, your fish I'm sure are gonna be feeling very romantic in there.LOL Take care Sue

Quote Originally Posted by AquatiCreations View Post
    Looks great Eddie,are you planning on planting it or leaving it as is?
    Thanks, just gonna add floating plants and thats it. Trying to keep it clean, simple and just like the Heckel waters. Obviously there are no Anubias in their native waters but I needed to add a little green to tank until I find some floating plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tuck View Post
    Hey Eddie,since you do such great work how about dropping by my place and do a tank for me!!! Its only a short jaunt LOL Tuck
    No problem Tuck, anytime! I already told the wife I'm touring the world to visit discus hobbyist breeders to work for free! Let me know when you want me to stop by Tuck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    You are killing me Eddie That is a beautiful tank! Great looking heckels!Where did you find the amazonian plant soil? I really wish you would stop posting pictures, LOL. Super nice set up.

Kenny
    Thanks Kenny, appreciate it. The amazonia soil that is in the wife's planted tank, I found here in Okinawa. This stuff is insane! The wife's plants are really taking off with no co2 at all.

I'll try to put the wife's camera down to, it's just entirely to easy to get great shots. I love her camera! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eyecandy View Post
    Hi Eddie... I really like your little "love shack". If you are having trouble finding floating plants.. you can just try some that normally are planted .. My husband pulled a small sword in his tank to trim and left it floating before he got round to replanting it,, The plant is doing great and the fish love it.. You could also go with wisteria the same way.. Whatever, your fish I'm sure are gonna be feeling very romantic in there.LOL Take care Sue
    Thanks for the tip Sue, I may have to go that route. I'm gonna do more searching today and hopefully get what I need or find some suitable subs.

Thanks again everyone

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    Thanks, just gonna add floating plants and thats it. Trying to keep it clean, simple and just like the Heckel waters. Obviously there are no Anubias in their native waters but I needed to add a little green to tank until I find some floating plants.

Awesome,yea some green always spices it up abit,what floaters are you getting?
    -Mark

Awesome,yea some green always spices it up abit,what floaters are you getting?
    I would love some of these.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Some seriously nice root systems on those.
    -Mark

Some seriously nice root systems on those.
    For sure! The more roots the better!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

That's water lettuce isn't it?

Whatever you do don't get duckweed!
    -Mark

That's water lettuce isn't it?

Whatever you do don't get duckweed!
    Yup, water lettuce. No duckweed for me! I might get water hyacinth if its avail.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

It's a shame you're all the way in Japan,I can get you all the Hyacinths you need if you were in the U.S. ,although if there isn't a restriction on shipping them I could probably send you some.
    -Mark

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast