ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Ingredients in Esha Hexamita??

Registered Member

Default Ingredients in Esha Hexamita??

I received my bottle of Hexamita today but nowhere on the bottle does it say what ingredients it use. Does any one know what are the ingredients in there?

It state that it cure most discus disease, including gill flukes, bacterias and fungus, so that's quite a big claim to make and I am curious as to what combined ingredients are in there?

thanks.

Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: Ingredients in Esha Hexamita??

Which brand did you buy?......Hexamita is a disease ....each brand has its own active ingredients.

Cheers
    Francis

I tried to find some info on it but no luck. You may need to call the company. Any product that doesn't state what ingredients are in the bottle would turn me away. Especially if there is something hazardous to humans in it. That product is missing alot of info on it.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Yes same here. I will never use something that I don't know the ingredients.

Their claim is rather bold too..they say it cure nearly everything. fungus, hexamita, bacterias etc..most illness that discus can have.

Oki...

I wrote to the company so waiting for their response.

Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    I tried to find some info on it but no luck. You may need to call the company. Any product that doesn't state what ingredients are in the bottle would turn me away. Especially if there is something hazardous to humans in it. That product is missing alot of info on it.

Eddie
    Last edited by Daniella; 05-03-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Registered Member

Default Ok..I got my answer.

I received an answer from Esha lab. So here is their reply. It seem it is not poison if a child ingest it so that it good news and after reading again and again on it from people who have tried it, it may take 2 time 3 days course treatment but it work well.

I only know of acriflavine and I think it can make the fish sterile? I don't care one bit for reproduction in my discus so for me it's not a big risk. They say on the instruction that one can triple the dose if needed in extreme case, so it seem pretty safe as the dosage they use.

-----------------

GENERAL INFORMATION-20 ml TOTAL

-unremovable dropper prevents ingestion of more than 1-2 ml-non flamable-25-30 years experience with children ingesting our products, never anyproblems reported by any Poison centre

HEXAMITAat 20 CpH 1.9S.G. +/-1.013 soortelijk gewicht Specific Gravity

COMPOSITION PER ML

Ethacridini lactas 6,7 mg
    Cuprum 2+2,8 mg
    Acriflavin 2 mg
    Methylrosanilinii-chloridum 6,3 mg ad Aqua.

It is under normal conditions impossible for the child to drink more than 1 or 2 ml. due the construction of the dropper (pipet). Al cases know to us (for over 25 year) in Holland, Germany, Belgium about children using this product , are without any harm for the child, in all cases there was NO need for any treatment.Any information we received later from toxic centres confirmed this.

---------------------

here is what I found on those products.

Ethacridine lactate (ethacridine monolactate monohydrate, acrinol, trade name Rivanol) is an aromatic organic compound based on acridine. Its formal name is 2-ethoxy-6,9-diaminoacridine monolactate monohydrate. It forms orange-yellow crystals with a melting point of 226 °C and it has a stinging smell.

Its primary use is as an antiseptic in solutions of 0.1%.

- Ethacridine is also used as an agent for second trimester abortion. Up to 150 ml of a 0.1% solution is instilled extra-amniotically using a foley catheter. After 20 to 40 hours, 'mini labor' ensues. In China, an intra-amniotic method has also been used. Ethacridine as an abortifacient is found to be safer and better tolerated than 20% hypertonic saline

- Cuprum

Latin name for copper. So I guess that is not safe for my shrimp and invertabrates.

- Methylrosanilinii-chloridum

Methylen violet??

here is what I found for Esha Exit:

Esha Exit ACTIVE INGRED: diaminoacridine 6.3 mg, veride malachitum 0.31 mg, methylrosanilinii chloridum 0.79 mg, methylthioninii chloridum 3.98 mg ad Aqua. (basically its Acridine, Malachite Green, Meth.Violet, Meth. Blue)

So it's basicaly copper with acriflavine and methylen violet. I guess the active ingredient that kill the hexamita is the acriflavine.

seems acriflavine will kill plants too, from what I read but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Daniella; 05-04-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Registered Member

your plants will be fine used it in 1 of my tanks last year with no problems