AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

View Poll Results: Ok Guys an gals...Need a light beer for a keg! Al's got the home brew covered!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bud

4 28.57%
  • Coors Light

4 28.57%
  • Miller Genuine Draft

2 14.29%
  • Heineken

2 14.29%
  • Stella Artois

2 14.29%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer NEDA meeting...

Default Re: Summer NEDA meeting...

Who's staying the night?

Martha,
    I'll be staying over for the big meeting...not for the planning meeting this weekend.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

There are a few confirmations for people staying over at the July meeting. As Al mentioned he is one of them. Paul (pcsb23) is another one. Noone is staying over night for the meeting this weekend though.
    Mark

I'm so looking forward to meeting Paul! I'll be seeing him in November, though, for the BIDKA discus show.

You're going to the Bidka show? I'd so love to go, but don't think I can swing it financially this year. Would be great to meet all our friends across the pond, though.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal View Post
    You're going to the Bidka show? I'd so love to go, but don't think I can swing it financially this year. Would be great to meet all our friends across the pond, though.
    There's room in my suitcase.

I just want to update everyone on the summer meeting after the organizational meetin we had Sat.

There will be three speakers for this event. Paul (pcsb23) will be flying in from England to honor us with his presence and giving a lecture about Discus across the pond and also going in to detail about how he set up the BIDKA show. We will hopefully be following in his footsteps next year when we put on our NEDA show. Al will be picking Paul up in Boston on the 23rd of July at around 3:00 pm and taking him back to his place. It is fitting that the Admin of Bidka and the Admin of Simply get aquainted! Its high time they met. Al will bring his wife, kids and Paul up to my place early Saturday morning. Paul will be in my care till I take him back to Boston on the 27th.

Al (brewmaster15) will also be giving a lecture. He has a various array of things to talk about but will wait and see who exactly will be attending before he commits to any particular topic.

Patrick Richard will give a presentation on how to set up a semi automated fish room. He has alot of knowledge on the subject over the past year and cant wait to share all of it with everyone else.

We marked out the camping spots for all those that want to come and have a great time not worrying about having to drive anywhere afterwards. A couple of sites have been booked though. Keep in mind there will be a huge breakfast the next day (Texas style).

Martha (mmorris) took pages of notes and well we are waitin on her to compile them for the time schedule. Some of the things that I can think of at the moment are the meet an greet, speaker schedule, the raffle time, auction time, dinner, and a huge surprise for everyone at around 9:30.

There will also be lots of things to keep any kids that will be here occupied! Volleyball, badmitton, horseshoes, a couple of bouncing castles, the pool, smores over the fires etc... Not to mention the 9:30 surprise.

A few have shown interest in donating to the cause. We appreciate all the interest and will PM each of you individually. A big thanks goes out to Angel(SriAngel)! I got this bro!!

Through the effort of a few good friends, a couple of area fish clubs will probably be attending as well. They will also be bringing things for auction...

Another thing we are doing is recruiting local fish shops to donate items to raffle or a 50/50 auction as well as inviting them to set up tables to sell various things related to the hobby.

If ya dont mind a 70 lb yellow lab lap dog (Martha can attest to this) peacocks squalking next door, or the dark, I think everyone is going to have a great time!!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
    There's room in my suitcase.
    Why thank you! You know, I just saw this, glad there's enough time to practice folding myself up.
    Connie

Wow, sounds like it'll be a fabulous get together, I'm so disappointed that I can't get there... I'm going to forward this to my friend and maybe she'll find a way...
    Connie

Quote Originally Posted by GrillMaster View Post
    Martha (mmorris) took pages of notes and well we are waitin on her to compile them for the time schedule.
    Hi Mark, did you not get a copy of the notes? I sent them all out the following morning. I think everything's shaping up to be a wonderful event!

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal View Post
    Why thank you! You know, I just saw this, glad there's enough time to practice folding myself up.

Wow! This is sounding REALLY exciting! While I would not have missed this for the world, now it's "not for the world... and the moon too! Mars maybe?" I dunno.

But either way, me and the missus are definitely there!
    Steve -
    Discus novice. Planted tank pilgrim.

It all sounds great Mark. I really cannot wait either! Looking forward to meeting loads of people too. It's going to be a blast!
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23 View Post
    It all sounds great Mark. I really cannot wait either! Looking forward to meeting loads of people too. It's going to be a blast!
    Hey Paul - Mark has an excellent yard. Its upto us to set a cricket pitch. We will have a nice game here show them how "real sport" is played

Please don't say U follow soccer more than cricket.
    Ashay Sathe
    Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.

Blog: http://vrsathe.blogspot.com/

I can't wait Mark !! Celeste and I will be there.. Ya need party mix, baked beans or cucumber sandwiches :9) See ya sooooon !! Thanks so much !! David T

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast