ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Default Re: Introduction

Congrats Chad!, I def be tracking this thread =D

best of Luck!

.....Favian.....d[-_-]b

Wow,,, so many great challengers going for this. I can't wait to see the pics as the fish grow out. For the record, I will take Ryan over Kirk. I am sure everyone will give it 100 percent. GLGD(good luck and good discus) to all.

Ed
    "There was no spoon"

Chad,
    I am always interested in your posts and you really seam to have a good perspective on things. It will be interesting to see and understanding more of your technique. Best of luck to you!

Kenny

Thanks everyone!

I didn't realize it when I posted up my introduction, but it seems that I am going to be the only one going against the grain when it comes to traditional discus grow out. Although I am certain we will all see great results in our grow out strategies, I'll be sure to post every detail of my process as it takes place.

I guess the process will be two fold. Growing out discus and maintaining a planted environment that meets the needs of discus and plants. Again, thank you for all of the support and "eyes on" this thread. It's going to be great!

Best wishes and good luck to all the participants.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Hey Chad,

Can't wait to see your setup. Going against the grain doesn't mean you can't kick some serious booty. Can't wait to see your setup. Best of luck in the competition.

Kirk

Ed, to tell the truth, you're a smart man for betting on Ryan. I know I am.

Kirk

Hi Chad,
    I am really looking forward to watching your discus in particular.
    I also prefer to keep and grow out my fish in planted tanks.
    Congratulations!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    Thanks everyone!

I didn't realize it when I posted up my introduction, but it seems that I am going to be the only one going against the grain when it comes to traditional discus grow out. Although I am certain we will all see great results in our grow out strategies, I'll be sure to post every detail of my process as it takes place.

I guess the process will be two fold. Growing out discus and maintaining a planted environment that meets the needs of discus and plants. Again, thank you for all of the support and "eyes on" this thread. It's going to be great!

Best wishes and good luck to all the participants.
    hey Chad, i can't recall if you use co2 in your planted tanks?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Good luck with your fishies Chad. I too like the look of Discus in a planted tank. I have just recently started to introduce plants into a couple of my tanks, but only with the adults. I look forward in seeing your results with the juvies. Take care, Evelyn

Can't wait to see it Chad! Is this going to be an established community or do they get a whole new crib all to themselves?

Good luck Chad. I love a planted tank, so am especially looking forward to seeing yours.
    Cheers
    Robyn

Registered Member

congrats !

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Good luck Chad!! cant wait to see your fish when you recieve them! I liked ur intro. I bet you were the coolest house on the block with that shark tank
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    hey Chad, i can't recall if you use co2 in your planted tanks?
    Yes, all of the planted tanks utilize CO2 with Ph controllers. I have just started to experiment with ozone as well. I'll give you guys a full description of how it's set up to include some pictures when it's all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Good luck with your fishies Chad. I too like the look of Discus in a planted tank. I have just recently started to introduce plants into a couple of my tanks, but only with the adults. I look forward in seeing your results with the juvies. Take care, Evelyn
    I love planted tanks and discus in a planted tank is the best look for fresh water setups. We're kind of getting a jump start with these fish though. 3" IMHO is not juvenile although they are still very young and there is considerable growth to be had. I'll keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    Can't wait to see it Chad! Is this going to be an established community or do they get a whole new crib all to themselves?
    The seyup will be dedicated to the contest fish at first. I'm likely going to add a few other 3" fish to the contest fish at some point. I'll put them in the 110 for a month or so to let them get established. Sort of like a QT so to speak. I have 6 young carnation snakeskin (about 2" right now) that will likely be tank mates with the contest fish. That's a couple months away though. I'll keep you posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by TankWatcher View Post
    Good luck Chad. I love a planted tank, so am especially looking forward to seeing yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooldadddyfunk286 View Post
    Good luck Chad!! cant wait to see your fish when you recieve them! I liked ur intro. I bet you were the coolest house on the block with that shark tank
    I'll be posting pictures from day 1, so keep your eyes peel! Like I really need to tell any of you guys that. LOL! Yes, it was the coolest house on campus. Who wouldn't love a shark tank? ;-)

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good luck Chad. Don't forget all I taught you about TDS ! LOL Keen to see this one through!
    Cheers Kath

Kath,

How could I possibly forget? Have a great weekend!

Best wishes
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast