ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello all, my intro!!!

Default Hello all, my intro!!!

OMG, thank you simply discus team. You have just made my day!!!

Now a little about myself. My name is Evelyn Turner. I am 37 and live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with my hubby Norm, stepson Rick (14, almost 15 as he reminds me daily) and my twin boys Antoine and Devin (2 1/2, yes the terrible 2's.....) I also can't forget my two labs Achoo and Vegas.

I have been into Discus on and off for about 11 years now. I fell in love with them the first time I layed my eyes on them. I have had many ups and downs due to the lack of info available to me until I came accross this site called Simply Discus. Thankyou to all that have shared their experiences. I have learned so much from you all, from setting up a tank to treatment of sick fish.

I currently have a 125, 110, and 4 - 75's up and going. This is a downgrade for me as I use have more, but that's another story. I still have the tanks though. and I am looking forward to setting up another for these challange fish!

I will start these little guys off in a 55 for the first few months then upgrade them into a 75. My filtration consists of two sponge filters presently. As of right now I don't have a canister filtration system up and going. My hubby says that he will be constructing a large canister and set up all my tanks on a central system. This is a project that has been in the works for a while, so....I'm not going to list that officially until the day comes LOL if it ever does. I will be keeping these guys in a bare bottom tank for the first few months, then will probably add a little decoration somewhere along the line.

Anyways, thank you again Al and simply discus team for choosing me. I look forward to the challange. Good luck to all the other contestants! Let the games begin!!

Registered Member

Default Re: Hello all, my intro!!!

Goodluck Evelyn!

Great intro Evelyn! I wish you the best of luck and hope your hubby surprises you with the canister. Better late than never, right. I look forward to seeing them beauty's in your set-up.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member Diamond Discus's Avatar

Evelyn, count yourself fortunate that your husband is willing to participate in the hobby with you! That will be great to have a large canister system! Congratz and good luck!
    Sue

Real Name
    Francis

Good luck to u Evelyn

Cheers
    Francis

Good luck Evelyn!!

Good luck Evelyn. I will be watching your progress with interest.
    Joe
    PS Are coming to the CAOAC convention this weekend in London? If so let me know we can meet.

Hi Evelyn, sounds like you have some really nice setups for the discus and Norm and Rick to help should be a great team. Best wishes to you with the contest. Bill

Real Name
    Chris

Congratulations Evelyn and good luck. Looking forward to your posts.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Best of luck to you Evelyn!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Jim

Good luck to you Evelyn
    Jim
    Never to old to learn

Registered Member

Hey Evelyn,

Welcome to the competition and the best of luck with your discus. Looking forward to working with you on this.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Good luck Evelyn. I will be watching your progress with interest.
    Joe
    PS Are coming to the CAOAC convention this weekend in London? If so let me know we can meet.
    Hi Joe,

Sorry but it is sold out as far as I know, so I won't be able to make it over for it. How did your first meeting go for the fellow Discus nuts?? Hope to talk to you soon.

Take care, Evelyn

Thank you all for the welcome to the contest. I hope that we all enjoy our challenge this year. I know that I really enjoyed following last years contest so I hope that this one will be great as well.

I didn't get much rest yesterday as I was too excited and spent the day making plans and adjustments to how I wanted to raise these little guys so I'm sure you will see some changes on how I will be raising them out as we get closer to the delivery date.

Norm (my hubby) got on the band wagon and started searching out different filtration systems, he is one of those people that takes things to the extreme and usually goes overboard so I will have to see what I end up with (if anything, LOL) But I know that these guys will be starting off in a 55 QT tank to begin with, that I at least know

Just can't wait until we get the fishies, this is killing me

(Can you tell that I am a little excited)

Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Thank you all for the welcome to the contest. I hope that we all enjoy our challenge this year. I know that I really enjoyed following last years contest so I hope that this one will be great as well.

I didn't get much rest yesterday as I was too excited and spent the day making plans and adjustments to how I wanted to raise these little guys so I'm sure you will see some changes on how I will be raising them out as we get closer to the delivery date.

Norm (my hubby) got on the band wagon and started searching out different filtration systems, he is one of those people that takes things to the extreme and usually goes overboard so I will have to see what I end up with (if anything, LOL) But I know that these guys will be starting off in a 55 QT tank to begin with, that I at least know

Just can't wait until we get the fishies, this is killing me

(Can you tell that I am a little excited)

Evelyn
    I know....I can't wait until everyone gets their fish. Means some pics will be posted!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast