ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: what do u think

Registered Member

Default what do u think

Hi,

can someone tell me what do u think about this pair?

female is the red and male is the white leopard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjPzTWRPrpo

thanks

Registered Member

Default Re: what do u think

can you expand on your questions, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
    the female is eating that is good, it's strange that the male is staying in the corner. he should be wiggaling his tail, by the female, and rubbing his body up on her and do the "lets get it on dance".
    "DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

Registered Member

Because i just did a WC few minutes ago. That is why they are not together. My question is how do u think this pair. It's good to cross a red with a white leopard.

I don't know much about either variety but if only one is pigeon based, you will probably get a lot of peppering on the fry. I don't recommend mixing two different varieties unless you have something `new' in mind and I think you will find that if and when you sell their fry, people might have reservations about the mix. That said, they are both beautiful fish and, IMO, breeding quality but you might want to think about different partners.
    Last edited by mmorris; 05-14-2009 at 11:30 AM.

The pair is gorgeous, Is the red a golden based or pigeon based? Your fry are going to be red whites, snow whites, RGD or Red Melon, and lastly something that looks inbetween the white and the red. I hope that helps!

Registered Member

For now I don't know what kind of red it is and I don't know if is pigeon or golden gene. I must ask the seller about this red.
    By the way they just spawned one hour ago and very nice spawn the red did. Now i just need to wait for 60 hours to confirm if they did a good job.

Registered Member

here are the pics of the newly formed pair:

both:

Female RGD:

Male WL:

Alex, that red is amazing! They are both nice but that red is unreal!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Francis

Wow Alex,

That is amazing looking RGD.....sooo round and nice red color too & did they pair up themselves or forced pairing up?.....just suggesting if you have another SQ RGD and would use them as breeding stock....just my 2 cents.

Cheers
    Francis

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Wow Alex,

That is amazing looking RGD.....sooo round and nice red color too & did they pair up themselves or forced pairing up?.....just suggesting if you have another SQ RGD and would use them as breeding stock....just my 2 cents.

Cheers
    Francis
    I got this red and another red from Jeffrey Yang of my recent order. He told me he doesn't know the sex of the red's. So when I received I put those 2 red's with the male White Leopard t found out who is male and who is female in both red's. So I found out they are both female, because This pair u see in this post they spawned last Tuesday and I put the other one red female (madarin passion ) in the community tank and she pair up with a Penang Eruption male and they spawned last Monday evening.

Yeah Francis I know it is better to pair this red RGD with another red. But I'm trying to find a 3R2 mature male to pair with her. But it very difficult to find. I tried to at Bob ( upper canada ) and he doesn't have any 3R2 male.

So for now i'll let both red to practice spawning and take care their offspring if they succeed on they respective spawn.

Thay are both absolutely beautiful fish! I see what you mean about having trouble finding an adult male. In the meantime, have fun and keep us posted!

Registered Member

they spawned last night at 10 pm. But this morning there is no more eggs on the cone. So I don't know who eat the eggs and this is the second time.

The funnest thing is what, my the other red x PE they spawned yesterday afternoon and they are in the community tank and what i can see is the spawn is well fertilize by the male and they take very good care about their eggs.