AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just a little weird.

Real Name
    Chris

Default Re: Just a little weird.

WOW! If I had that tank I don't think that I'd ever leave the room. It's gorgeous.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

That set up is a masterpiece
    despite the rise in the cost of living it hasn't lost its popularity.

Registered Member Diamond Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majik View Post
    That set up is a masterpiece
    Now I could really loose some time at that bar....
    Sue

Magnificent! thats all I can say MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers Kath

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Vicki thinks I'm nuts and she would probably kill me if she knew how many thousands that I've spent on one fish, let alone the collection. My neighbors...all golfers just shake thier heads.

The funniest thing is when you tell US Customs that you're travelling to a fish show...they give you that look and you spend the next several minutes explaining
    Graham,
    i got detained on the Canadian side of customs when i told them i'm going to get some fish. They called Bob to find out what i was doing over there driving 10 hours to talk about fish. They finally let me into your country after 20 minutes of heavy research on their computer and phone calls. I just had to do a mental recollection as to what i told the customs agent wether i was coming up to talk about bombs or discus, it just added to the flavor of the adventure!

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hmm...Lets see, Along with Ryan I run an internet site dedicated to a species of Fish....It alone takes up hours of my time. I have a hobby hatchery of 2500 gals of water for Fish. I host get togethers of large numbers of Discus Hobbyists at my home. I welcome many Hobbyists here for visits to talk Fish. My circle of friends is largely "fish"people as is the list of Numbers on my cell phone.. So How do "YOU" think I look to my non-fishy friends and family? Thankfully..if my wife thinks I am a "little weird" she spares me from hearing it... My kids however...think I rock and am the Coolest Dad.. bless their little hearts!

Al,

I think you have two future fish people on your hands or at the least nuclear physicists, they asked very relevant questions during your lecture on discus diseases at the North East Conference. The zest and zeal for fish as well as all things science has rubbed off of you for sure!

-al

Steve,

This is an awesome thread! I'm not usre how I went this long without seeing it. Anyway, like most, I get a lot of flack from friends that can't understand the need for all the tanks and fish. Once they see how captivating the discus are, I rarely get much flack.

I love your 300! Very awesome and in a perfect spot.... the bar. LOL! I love it man!

Best wishes!
    Last edited by Chad Hughes; 05-26-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Steve, funny you brought up this thread! I actually was fixin ta ask ya what yer band members thought about yer lil hobby.

My wife pretty much thinks I am nuts. I have had so many hobbies in the past from remote control planes over in Scotland and aquariums. Then to racing cars at the local track (expensive!!) Planted tanks for a few years to the latest craze with Discus. Bass fishin tourneys was a passion of mine for awhile, then I switched to golf. Fixin to get back into bass fishin again since I aint real good at golf...

Just hate payin so much cash on sumthin I aint real good at!

Love your set up BTW!! I could spend a Friday night or a weekend for that matter behind the taps an starin at that tank of yours! Kudos to ya bud...
    Mark

Bass fishin tourneys was a passion of mine for awhile, then I switched to golf. Fixin to get back into bass fishin again since I aint real good at golf...
    ROFLMAO!

Registered Member

I wish my wife would feel more passion about my fish hobby. I can't understand why she doesn't appreciate the 'hobby' but admires the beauty of the aquarium....I don't get it!

Registered Member

Discus are addictive..im taking down a salt water tank because im not loving it like i love discus..

i sit and watch them every night before bed - as i find them calming and if i have had a bad day watching them makes me feel better..

im the weird one in my family..no one understands and after i find homes for my salt water fishies, another discus tank is going up in my bedroom..

13 Discus, 17 bettas, 1 beardy, 2 cats, 4 rats, 1 horse, 25 g community tank, 1 fahaka, 7 pea's and 2 southerns...it just doesnt seem to be enough!

"Ive learned from experience..whats your excuse?"

Registered Member

i just need to find myself a husband now that loves them like i do!!

The bar set up is amazing! Need to post close up pics too of the tank. Hope to see some soon!
    13 Discus, 17 bettas, 1 beardy, 2 cats, 4 rats, 1 horse, 25 g community tank, 1 fahaka, 7 pea's and 2 southerns...it just doesnt seem to be enough!

"Ive learned from experience..whats your excuse?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234