ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heiko Bleher in Southern California

Default Re: Heiko Bleher in Southern California

Looking forward to the pics! Sorry I couldn't make it!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Ricardo

here you are Chad! wish you could have gone buddy.

from left to right:
    me (rickztahone), casper (casw), Tien (ewok), Heiko Blehr, Julie (frenchie100), Benedict (gotfish?), Rick (rickscics)

pictures taken by Benedict and uploaded by me

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Good to get to see the fun some of you got to have! Wish I could have heard Heiko speak too. Bet it was a fun day!
    Barb

Registered Member

It was really informative and extremely entertaining. Heiko was great and truly perhaps the most traveled well informed speaker in the business.
    Amazing. Great to see and meet all the Simply Discus members . Heiko also took a picture of our group to post on his Web site I assume. Rick

Wow! Looks like you all had an awesome time! I swear I'll be at the next whatever! LOL! Thanks for posting up the pics Rick!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great pictures Ricardo! Bet is what a pretty good time.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Great pictures Ricardo! Bet is what a pretty good time.

Take care,

Eddie
    it was very informative. i had a great time

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I had a great time. I learned so much and is was good to get a better understanding of discus in their natural environment. The take home message I got was that I had to put white sand in my tank LOL!

Ricardo and Casper- It was great seeing you both.

Tien and Rick- It was really nice meeting you both.

Benedict- I am sure this meeting made it that much more difficult for you to part from your discus. I have a feeling you are going to have to set up a new tank once in the Philippines .

Meeting Heiko Bleher and listening to his presentation about biotopes was absolutely amazing.

The auction was pretty fun too. Thank goodness there were no discus .

-Julie

haha yea i know ...hey julie hows your new deservingly earn plants doing?(someone went on a bidding spree ) LOL

i have to tell yah people, after attending this lecture with heiko bleher, a tiny voice(with a italian accent) is whispering..."go get wild discus, go get wild discus....and build a BIOTOPE!" haha...
    Last edited by gotfish?; 08-06-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    benedict

Registered Member

They are doing great! They look that much better in my tank knowing that I had to fight for them, LOL!

Go get wilds and build a biotope!

-Julie

Registered Member

Hi Julie, I know you had a blast and the auction was fun for you
    Sure was great to meet you and the others. Hope to keep in touch. Pm me your email so I can send you some videos. take care,Rick

Registered Member

Hi Guys,

this is really nice of you all, and specially (rickztahone), casper (casw), Tien (ewok), Julie (frenchie100), Benedict (gotfish?), Rick (rickscics) and Benedict,
    you are great and thank you very much. For those nice comments and the pictures.

I had also paced a couple of the comments and pictures of most of you all at my website, look under:
    http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/inde...d=385&Itemid=1
    (you can also see some picture from my June field trip in Australia, no discus, but an amazing neck-bending fish - the only one on earth).

I had a long flight back on Monday, but I guess some of you also came from far, but made it well back aswell, as I can see.

Sorry I could not show the informative videos, still do not undertsnd why their beamer did not transmit, but surely the next time I will show it.

You now take care (as I explained) of these nice discus, you and the fishes will enjoy it much more,

you all keep up the good work, also in the Philippine (where I should go soon to lecture, officially invited, but date not set), and hope to see you all soon again,

always from a collector and (also) discus lover,

Heiko Bleher
    www.aquapress-bleher.com

People should start video taping meetings and lectures like Heiko's and post them on youtube. Every fish club should have a guy/gal in charge of taping these meetings/lectures. It would be good for the hobby.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by terps View Post
    People should start video taping meetings and lectures like Heiko's and post them on youtube. Every fish club should have a guy/gal in charge of taping these meetings/lectures. It would be good for the hobby.
    Not all speakers want that, neither would I.

this is for a few reasons, some people get paid for their talk and it's a kind of income. We never ask money for our talks only travel expense and if needed (distance more as 3 ~ 4 hours drive) a hotel room for Joanne & me.
    We bring to most talks a box of Discus as donation, most clubs MAKE money on my talk.

Other thing is, clubs have meetings with speakers, get people away from their computer for a while if every speaker is online ................................... ????

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Not all speakers want that, neither would I.

this is for a few reasons, some people get paid for their talk and it's a kind of income. We never ask money for our talks only travel expense and if needed (distance more as 3 ~ 4 hours drive) a hotel room for Joanne & me.
    We bring to most talks a box of Discus as donation, most clubs MAKE money on my talk.

Other thing is, clubs have meetings with speakers, get people away from their computer for a while if every speaker is online ................................... ????

Hans
    that is a very good point Hans. i know there was someone recording this meeting but it might have been for the Costa Mesa group they have going only.

Cafepress.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast