ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barb Newell

Registered Member

Default Re: Barb Newell

A truly remarkable person Barb Newell was. I went threw most of her posts & read posts/replies. Though I didn't know or meet her, it made me feel as though I was there with her, next too her. May her son/daughter grow & live a remarkable life, as their mother would have dearly loved. May she rest in peace & stay in the hearts & minds as the wonderful person she was forever. Her discus ritual was one that most of us Discus hobbyists would truly so wish to admire.

Regards
    Ahmed

Ahmed,

Well said. Thank you for reading.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Chad,

I just read through all of the threads under the link you provided, and wanted to thank you for reminding everyone who Barb was, and why this challenge is in dedication to her. I never met Barb, but I'm glad to have felt her presence through her friends here at SD. It truely is impossible to not be moved by Barb's dedication to the hobby, and her kindness towards each and every person that has interacted with her. I wish her family the best, and may our memories of her life be remembered through this special challenge.

Shawn

Shawn,

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for reading!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi all, never new Barb must have been a wonderful person and I never read she had the"BIG C" but I know too well about what that terrible disease can do to a family. All my hopes and prayer's go out to her family I wish them the best. Yes, the saddest days are gonna be there and try and get by them your mother was a great indivdual, she had her discus and Simply friends to help her enjoy her life which was way to short. So now that she's gone everytime I log onto Simply I'll remember her and say alittle something for her family good luck all and thanks for bringing up her passing.............Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjoe View Post
    Hi all, never new Barb must have been a wonderful person and I never read she had the"BIG C" but I know too well about what that terrible disease can do to a family. All my hopes and prayer's go out to her family I wish them the best. Yes, the saddest days are gonna be there and try and get by them your mother was a great indivdual, she had her discus and Simply friends to help her enjoy her life which was way to short. So now that she's gone everytime I log onto Simply I'll remember her and say alittle something for her family good luck all and thanks for bringing up her passing.............Jim
    Jim,

Well said. I think of her and her family often too.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

I have read through pretty much all of Barb's posts, she was indeed a very special person. I live very close to where she lived, sadly I got into Discus after she was gone so I never got the chance to meet her. I do have two Discus that were hers, a female Blue Turk and another female that I was told she called a Pearlscale. It is an honour to have them. They are healthy and doing fine, they are about 4 years old now.
    She left a mark on us all, even those of us that never got the chance to get to know her. I feel as if I knew her through the heartfelt posts she wrote here. What a special lady. Chad, thanks for remembering.
    Glenc
    Last edited by Stormy; 06-14-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I have read through pretty much all of Barb's posts, she was indeed a very special person. I live very close to where she lived, sadly I got into Discus after she was gone so I never got the chance to meet her. I do have two Discus that were hers, a female Blue Turk and another female that I was told she called a Pearlscale. It is an honour to have them. They are healthy and doing fine, they are about 4 years old now.
    She left a mark on us all, even those of us that never got the chance to get to know her. I feel as if I knew her through the heartfelt posts she wrote here. What a special lady. Chad, thanks for remembering.
    Glenc
    That's so awesome that you have discus from her! I'm glad to hear that they are doing well. I too would be honored. Thanks for reading this post and sharing your thoughts.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12