ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week #1: The first water change!

Default Re: Week #1: The first water change!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusKev View Post
    Looking forward to see the difference once the challenge finishes between a planted tank and a BB tank. Who will win?
    Me too!

May the contestant with the best grown discus win!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Chad, Doesn't take long for people to jump in on these threads. That's due to all the interest we all have in this contest.. :9) I know you have a good filtration system and a very large tank for the discus.. As I stated earlier, I am VERY interested in the outcome of your discus' growth.. I hope your system works and your discus grow out nicely even though they don't have the numerous water changes.. Good luck and hope they get big !! They do love the beefheart !!! David T

Quote Originally Posted by dpt8 View Post
    Hey Chad, Doesn't take long for people to jump in on these threads. That's due to all the interest we all have in this contest.. :9) I know you have a good filtration system and a very large tank for the discus.. As I stated earlier, I am VERY interested in the outcome of your discus' growth.. I hope your system works and your discus grow out nicely even though they don't have the numerous water changes.. Good luck and hope they get big !! They do love the beefheart !!! David T
    David,

Thanks for the kind words and the support! Honestly I think I see growth already... but that could be from too much staring. LOL! The half way point should give us some pretty good indications as to which methods are working best, but the final product is the one that will be judged. 50 more weeks! LOL!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    David,

Thanks for the kind words and the support! Honestly I think I see growth already... but that could be from too much staring. LOL! The half way point should give us some pretty good indications as to which methods are working best, but the final product is the one that will be judged. 50 more weeks! LOL!

Best wishes!
    Hey,

I tried to PM you to get your recipe but I guess you don't accept PM's. I'd be interested to see the different FBW mixes that the contestants are using.

Quote Originally Posted by DLock3d View Post
    Hey,

I tried to PM you to get your recipe but I guess you don't accept PM's. I'd be interested to see the different FBW mixes that the contestants are using.
    Hmmm.... that is odd. I do receive PMs and I get them all the time. Which recipie are you looking for? I have a post that lists the two that I use with the contest fish.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=71454

They are detailed in my food & recipies post. I use FBW sometimes, ut typically as a snack on the weekends when I am home all day. Sorry about the PM thing. Not sure what that's all about!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DLock,

To you and anyone else that may have tried to send me a PM without success, I apologize. I received an email from Kath (MrWild) and she stated that she was having the same problem. I was wondering why I was getting email frompeople instead of PMs.

Anyway, the situation has been resolved. Somehow the box called receive email from moderators and contacts only was checked. It's unchecked now. Not sure what hapened! Sorry!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    DLock,

To you and anyone else that may have tried to send me a PM without success, I apologize. I received an email from Kath (MrWild) and she stated that she was having the same problem. I was wondering why I was getting email frompeople instead of PMs.

Anyway, the situation has been resolved. Somehow the box called receive email from moderators and contacts only was checked. It's unchecked now. Not sure what hapened! Sorry!

Best wishes!
    Oh great its been fixed! Fell like I can chat more now LOL
    Cheers Kath

Kath,

Yeah, not sure what happened to get that block checked!

Feel free to PM whenever you like. Let me know if you still have troubles with the PM thing.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Chad
    Have I missed week 3 from you?? Can't seem to find it????
    Cheers Kath

Oh Kath,

No... I have been so busy that I haven't done it yet! I mean I changed the water but haven't posted the post. LOL! I have it ready to go now. It'll be up tonight! Sorry about that!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12