AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: BH/Seafood mix vs FBW

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

Default BH/Seafood mix vs FBW

I have been feeding only Frozen Blood Worm to my Albino Yellow discus. They were doing fine and eating quite a bit of FBW everyday. Last week, I introduce my Beefheart/Seafood mix to them and they seems to like it better. Now they have less interest in the FBW and left quite a bit at the bottom of the tank ... Is this a good thing ? Should I just feed them with my mix or continue to feed both ?

The mix is a simplified version of Eddie's mix. I simply use beefheart, cod fish, banana and garlic. I like the use of banana because it makes the mix smell much better (according to my wife and kids).

Default Re: BH/Seafood mix vs FBW

It's likely that, given some time, they will continue to eat the FBW with the same enthusiasm they did before. I like to mix the feedings. If you want them to eat the FBW still, feed it first thing in the morning. They'll likely eat it up!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: BH/Seafood mix vs FBW

Quote Originally Posted by diamond_discus View Post
    I have been feeding only Frozen Blood Worm to my Albino Yellow discus. They were doing fine and eating quite a bit of FBW everyday. Last week, I introduce my Beefheart/Seafood mix to them and they seems to like it better. Now they have less interest in the FBW and left quite a bit at the bottom of the tank ... Is this a good thing ? Should I just feed them with my mix or continue to feed both ?

The mix is a simplified version of Eddie's mix. I simply use beefheart, cod fish, banana and garlic. I like the use of banana because it makes the mix smell much better (according to my wife and kids).
    I'm no expert here but I do not feed FBWs at all, ever. I will say that I do not do much of a variety at all, my mix and Prime Reef Flake, nothing more. My fish are growing at a pretty alarming rate and I am happy with that. They eat every meal with gusto. The mix along with the supplement of flake give the fish a WAY better diet nutrition wise. So all in all, you don't need to use FBWs.

Take care and glad they like the mix,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."