ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Soh Books

Default Andrew Soh Books

Hi Andrew Soh,

Thanks for the books, I receive them to day. I don't know will be that fast . I will be enjoy them.

Thanks

hendri

Default Re: Andrew Soh Books

Quote Originally Posted by hedut View Post
    Hi Andrew Soh,

Thanks for the books, I receive them to day. I don't know will be that fast . I will be enjoy them.

Thanks

hendri
    Its a great read Hendri, havent finished the book yet but I'm enjoying it so far! Definitely a great purchase!

Thanks Andrew

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Francis

I only half way thru Andrew's first book.....getting old and hard to mermorize readings......It's a great book and highly recomended.

Cheers
    Francis

Ps

Finshied the first book and started the second book.....took some really good advice from the first book
    Last edited by seanyuki; 06-03-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Real Name
    Francis

Hey Eddie

Young guys like you should finish the book in 1 day

I just started the second book today so I am behind you lah

Cheers
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Its a great read Hendri, havent finished the book yet but I'm enjoying it so far! Definitely a great purchase!

Thanks Andrew

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Hey Eddie

Young guys like you should finish the book in 1 day

I just started the second book today so I am behind you lah

Cheers
    Francis
    No no, not me Francis, I am not a big reader but once I open the book, I usually can't stop. It just so happens I did a flip through the book one evening before bed and actually started to read the first bit. I was too tired so I stopped. Next time I start on it again, I will finish it.

I'm not that young

Take care my friend,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Hello:

I am new around here, where can I get more information or actually get the book?

regards,

Pablo
    Ponce, Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by killimaniaco View Post
    Hello:

I am new around here, where can I get more information or actually get the book?

regards,

Pablo
    Ponce, Puerto Rico
    Hi Pablo , welcome to SD. you can contact direct to Andrew Soh or Yogi doing group book order from him you can contact Yogi here link

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ghlight=andrew

hendri

Registered Member

Thanks Hendri!

Registered Member

I do not mean to sound ignorant... but what makes this book worth $70? I am used to pay that and even a lot more for college textbooks. Not so for hobby oriented books.

Can someone give me a short review of the book? I am very inclined to buy it, it seems like the reference a discus newbie like me can put to good use.

I have breed and kept many species of fish for the past 15 years. I just got into discus a month ago. I keep mostly killies.

Thanks!
    Pablo

Andrew Soh is one of a very few people who can be called a Discus Guru. His books reflect many many years of his experience in keeping Discus and for anyone who has read his books, will say that they set a benchmark for beginners and experts alike.
    Andrew does not try to confuse using complicated text, but explains all the subjects in his books so we can all understand them. There are not many books out there that will afford you the confidence to understand these beautiful fish, but Andrew has grasped the essence of what we need to know and published both books (Discus, The Naked Truth & just released, Problems & Solutions) so we can further understand and appreciate healthy happy fish.

Are they worth the money???????? Absolutely!!

Sorry to say this, It's more than worthed why? cause I need guide to help me for my hobby(Discus) not a cheap thing and I don't buy cheap not all people will help you right the way like 911 so at least you need some basic knowledge that can help you with, Discus not so easy but the lovely and beautiful

hendri

Real Name
    Francis

Tai Kor Andrew,

I have already finished your first book and just started the second lah....I am totally grateful all the hard work you been through in making the first book a success.....even getting salt water by shore line yourself for the brine shrimp hatchery...lal....next time let me do it for you bro.

Cheers
    Francis

Thanks for all the nice comments.....and am indeed happy that you all enjoyed it.

Being not a full-time writer, I was so worried about the style of writing..... how I could bring the concepts across to readers in the most uncomplicated way (Don't want it to be a scientific journal which is hard to understand by general hobbyists...to the extend of being boring), ensuring that both the beginners and the profeesionals are able to gain from reading it, information that may crack open the nuts and truth be found..... and hopefully, knowledge that will stay relevant for years to come.....saving as many discus as possible.... and help readers to pursue to a higher level in the discus hobby.....creating your own designer discus

That's is my dream........

even getting salt water by shore line yourself for the brine shrimp hatchery...lal....next time let me do it for you bro.

Not enough money to employ an actor, Francis....so that was the cheapest option.....self-production, self-script writer and actor.

In fact, I want to ask for pardon if you guys find typo errors and grammer mistakes in my books. I never used a proof-reader or the books being proof-read by others.

For the first discus book, almost everthing from writing, drawings, color-selection were done by me and page arrangement was done by my sub-standard printing company and majority of the photos were taken by my paid-Taiwan photographer....nothing is for free.....

As for my second book, Problems and Solutions, book design, writing, editing, color-selection, page arrangements, 99% of all photographs, computerised-drawings and proof-reading were all done by myself......too poor a man to employ outsiders....ha!ha!ha!

Therefore, there are bound to have mistakes....(author's blind-spot) ....

Thanks for your forgiveness and enjoy the read,
    Andrew
    [B]'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
    'Discus, The Naked Truth'
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1909364&id=751354834&comments=#/home.php?ref=home

Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback guys... definitively I must get it then. Will be my end of semester gift :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Soh View Post
    Thanks for all the nice comments.....and am indeed happy that you all enjoyed it.

Being not a full-time writer, I was so worried about the style of writing..... how I could bring the concepts across to readers in the most uncomplicated way (Don't want it to be a scientific journal which is hard to understand by general hobbyists...to the extend of being boring), ensuring that both the beginners and the profeesionals are able to gain from reading it, information that may crack open the nuts and truth be found..... and hopefully, knowledge that will stay relevant for years to come.....saving as many discus as possible.... and help readers to pursue to a higher level in the discus hobby.....creating your own designer discus

That's is my dream........

Not enough money to employ an actor, Francis....so that was the cheapest option.....self-production, self-script writer and actor.

In fact, I want to ask for pardon if you guys find typo errors and grammer mistakes in my books. I never used a proof-reader or the books being proof-read by others.

For the first discus book, almost everthing from writing, drawings, color-selection were done by me and page arrangement was done by my sub-standard printing company and majority of the photos were taken by my paid-Taiwan photographer....nothing is for free.....

As for my second book, Problems and Solutions, book design, writing, editing, color-selection, page arrangements, 99% of all photographs, computerised-drawings and proof-reading were all done by myself......too poor a man to employ outsiders....ha!ha!ha!

Therefore, there are bound to have mistakes....(author's blind-spot) ....

Thanks for your forgiveness and enjoy the read,
    Andrew
    Outstanding work Andrew, really amazing, especially doing it all on your own. So when is the next one coming out!

Take care my friend,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast