ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

Registered Member

Default Re: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

WoW, exitment at the airport, will we see you on boarder security here in Oz. I forget myself sometimes although thats another story Keep away from that taquila bro, I here eating the worm does things like that to you, "what did I do"! Take care & glad to see all went according to plan!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Registered Member

yep security can be pushy. my brother and brother in law at the time(now ex- brother in law). almost got arrested when we where in new york and going up to go look at the top part of the statue of liberty, because the had pocket knifes little mini swiss army pocket knifes in there pockets. crazy huh?
    "DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

I wish my state was one of them, that's why I love Pennsylvania and go there quite often. I know you understand where I'm coming from Mat, I am you, just in a non-carry state.When I retire it'll be in another place. There are plenty of home invasions here on Long Island so we are well aware how being prepared can save your family. Shame its that way it has to be but the predators dictate that, not us. Carry on and stay safe.
    Mark

I would be really concern if your post was on how you got on a plane and while you are on the plane, you realized that you left a gun in your backpack.

I am surprised that they didn't give you a harder time.

I'm surprised they even caught you Mat, nowadays unless you pull it out and start waving it around, they don't even know its there. I travel all too often and I'm always surprised as to what items I had left in my bags, that got looked over. And I mainly fly international flights!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I'm surprised they even caught you Mat, nowadays unless you pull it out and start waving it around, they don't even know its there. I travel all too often and I'm always surprised as to what items I had left in my bags, that got looked over. And I mainly fly international flights!

Eddie

Ain't that the truth! I got a rather large dive knife through to Cancun once in my carry on. It was in a seperate bag with my regulators and computers and I forgot to take it out and check it.

I have to admit that I have also lost a handgun. For the longest time I thought that it had been stolen and then after cleaning out a closet I found it.

In a backpack.

Banned

Smile Re: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

Ricardo,

I have more than one gun. That was the small gun. I got the big gun ready at all times, one in the chamber and nine in the clip, in a place that never changes. I know that it is there, so does my wife, a NYC girl. I said that I FORGOT that I moved it. You never forgot anything? Actually, until last year, I almost always carried the this particular piece, so its new location hasn't been at that exact location very long.

Mat

Banned

Smile Re: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

Steve,

Thanks for letting everyone know that ,yes, even a handgun can be misplaced.

Mat

OK now that's scary...I really thought you were going to say, "They looked in my bag and pulled out a fish I forgot about or hadn't declared..."

....could have told them you were "just testing" to see if they were doing their job....good thing they were cos what if you were a psycho killer about to board a plane with a loaded berretta?

Is this what they mean by gun control?
    Everything goes back to the sea....Dylan

Banned

Rox gun control and the USA do not go together in the same sentence........there is none

Banned

Wink Re: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

Back in the late 60's, early 70's, as a long haired, bearded, peace loving hippie, I was mugged twice at gunpoint. Then I realized that the hippie movement was just a pipe dream, figuratively and quite literally , and that peace and love amongst all men was a lie. I armed myself shortly thereafter, and was never robbed again. Two attempts were made, but my "big" gun foiled the muggers. The one was not all that long ago. Three men in their early 20's, dressed in their gangsta blue (we all know who wears blue and who wears red) surrounded me on a backstreet in Tacoma after dark. They were quite surprised to be looking down the barrel of my pistol at a man who has no qualms about using it if needed.

Mat

Sure's there's gun control in the USA. In New York City for instance and other cities as well. They haven't issued carry permits for regular citizens for years now. What it accomplished in NYC was that the criminals still have the guns, and the regular citizens cannot defend themselves in any way. Most NY'ers I'm sure remember the gunman who walked thru a Long Island Railroad car shooting people. Sitting ducks. Or the Wendy's robbery in Flushing, Queens years ago, but after gun control was put in place. The robbers marched the employees down to the basement and shot them dead. The employees couldn't defend themselves either, but of course the criminals don't care if carrying guns is illegal in NYC. Muggings on NYC streets are pretty common, too. Now in Pennsylvania, take the Poconos area of PA (which is where I live). We can obtain carry permits. I have one and so does my husband. Muggings are a rarity here. They don't want to try and rob someone who may be carrying a gun. Its definitely a big deterrent.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Banned

What the USA calls gun control and what the rest of the world calls gun control are very very different things. The USA has the highest ownership of guns and the highest gun related deaths/injuries of any country in the world by far... the only exceptions are 3rd world countries where civil wars and no laws exist. The USA is about 4 times higher than any other 1st world country

The States with the poorest gun control laws have the highest gun related injuries/deaths. More police and individuals are shot with their own guns than other guns.

Unfortunately no one listens to real stats, only emotion and this discussion will fall into disarray

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Rox gun control and the USA do not go together in the same sentence........there is none
    Very interesting comment from someone that just last week was crying about trolls on the forum.

Be careful what you throw in that glass house.....
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    What the USA calls gun control and what the rest of the world calls gun control are very very different things. The USA has the highest ownership of guns and the highest gun related deaths/injuries of any country in the world by far... the only exceptions are 3rd world countries where civil wars and no laws exist. The USA is about 4 times higher than any other 1st world country

The States with the poorest gun control laws have the highest gun related injuries/deaths. More police and individuals are shot with their own guns than other guns.

Unfortunately no one listens to real stats, only emotion and this discussion will fall into disarray
    A very important point to make. Agreed.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast