AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

Banned

Default Re: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

So it begins...made it personal real quick Yim...USA 10 per 100,000 Canada 4 per 100,000 Japan 0.5 per 100,000 approx

Get the thread back on track and stop with the personal attacks or we'll lock it up!!
    Mark

Gold Member

That's crazy Matt glad you came out O.K. could have been worse.Here in the great state of Texas.Which is a right to bare arms state.Any one can carry a loaded handgun in there car.You do not need a concealed hand gun permit to do that.Remember guns don't kill people,people kill people

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    So it begins...made it personal real quick Yim...USA 10 per 100,000 Canada 4 per 100,000 Japan 0.5 per 100,000 approx
    Yep, proves that the USA is a violent country. If the deaths were not from guns, they'd be from knives, or bats, or something else. Violent people here.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Gold Member

Amen to that Connie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

IN TIME OUT!
    Real Name
    DaviderumnAJ

What the USA calls gun control and what the rest of the world calls gun control are very very different things. The USA has the highest ownership of guns and the highest gun related deaths/injuries of any country in the world by far... ay
    Gun control is about being able to control your gun. Anybody that owns a gun owes it to themselves & others to know how to use it safely & effectively. Most cops train constantly & you rarely hear about them hurting themselves.

IN TIME OUT!
    Real Name
    DaviderumnAJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
    Back in the late 60's, early 70's, as a long haired, bearded, peace loving hippie, I was mugged twice at gunpoint. Then I realized that the hippie movement was just a pipe dream, figuratively and quite literally , and that peace and love amongst all men was a lie.
    Mat
    Oh Mat, don't say that. I've been a shooter & sportsman since I was 7 and own several guns. Belong to a pistol & rifle club & compete regularly. That said.....I was part of Woodstock and it was one of the most beautiful experiences in my life....I believe the human race will once again go that road..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheDan View Post
    Gun control is about being able to control your gun. Anybody that owns a gun owes it to themselves & others to know how to use it safely & effectively. Most cops train constantly & you rarely hear about them hurting themselves.

Hmm that means you don't forget that its in a back pack at the airport...

This is a fact that I read a while back on the NRA web site..more police are shot with thier own gun than the criminals gun; therefore the NRA was trying to develop a Smartgun (oxymoron) that only the officer issued the gun could fire, thus preventing them from being shot with thier own gun....they don't hurt themselves....

Gold Member

That makes a lot of sense if shot them selfs with there own gun.Why make a gun that only he can shoot.Your saying he shot himself with his own gun anyway.

Banned

The criminal takes the cops gun away from him and shoots him, the cop, with his own gun.....that clearer

IN TIME OUT!
    Real Name
    DaviderumnAJ

This is a fact that I read a while back on the NRA web site..more police are shot with thier own gun than the criminals gun; therefore the NRA was trying to develop a Smartgun (oxymoron) that only the officer issued the gun could fire, thus preventing them from being shot with thier own gun....they don't hurt themselves....
    That's strange...I've been an NRA member for many years & don't recall anything about cops shooting themselves more than criminals....
    by the way "smart guns" is old school. Basically if somebody wrestles the gun from you the bad guys can't used it against you without a ring that stays with you.

Gold Member

Much clearer thanks.Now does this happen in Canada or some other 3rd world country

This is very large and diverse country. Rules and common sense that should apply in one area of the country just are not logical in another. Where I live, a 911 call would result in a deputy sheriff being dispatched and arriving perhaps within a half an hour, but no guarantee. We have one deputy, rarely 2, covering about 300 square miles. The ONLY defense I have against 2 legged or 4 legged predators are firearms.

Obviously a hot button topic that will elicit many different opinions. Hopefully we can all respect each others.

Banned

Smile Re: Homeland security boys alittle touchy...

[QUOTE=Graham;541171]Hmm that means you don't forget that its in a back pack at the airport...

No, Graham, that's not what it means. I have handled all sorts of firearms for over 40 years, never had an accident of any sort. I understand gun safety. Once again, you twist things around to suit your thoughts, which rarely are the facts. I simply forgot. Ever forget anything important?

I have no doubt in my mind, by gun control, you mean that because you can't own a handgun in Canada, we shouldn't either. Your stats are misleading as well. Another factor to consider is the thugs we have allowed into our country - Castro's prisoners, Soviet block nation criminals who now have some of the most vicious organized crime gangs our country has seen, former Khmer Rouge members from SE Asia who were ruthless murderers of their own people, and the Middle East terrorist who pour through your borders into our country.

Mat

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast