ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Largest Spawn I Ever Seen !

Registered Member

Question Re: Largest Spawn I Ever Seen !

Congrats and awesome job. Well done, Hat's off to you. Did you have any special routine with w/c and food prior to laying the eggs? What your secret? Care to share? Thanks.

Default Re: Largest Spawn I Ever Seen !

Lovely Fry Bob Congrats,
    Thanks for the update...

Registered Member

Bob,

Color has show to some of the fish already. So far so good, they all look healthy and eat like pig

Truc

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by truc_tuyen View Post
    Bob,

Color has show to some of the fish already. So far so good, they all look healthy and eat like pig

Truc
    I'm right with you. Mine are showing some red and want to eat all the time. This Sunday will be 3 weeks since I picked them up from Bob. I will post some update pics in a week or so.
    Marc

Registered Member

that is amazing! nice job with the parenting of the fry. you able to ship some?

I would like to thank all of those that have followed along and for all the positive comments. Mark and Truc Im glad to hear that they are doing well. I told you they would eat anything and all day long. Sorry to say that the last of the fry have been sold to a local discus supplier but of course I kept some for myself. The pics were taken today and as Truc had mentioned, they are coloring up nicely.

Bob

Real Name
    Matt

Those fry look really healthy, and great. They should turn out nice for you.
    -Matt

Hey Bob - here are a few pics of mine. I should note I had a couple weeks of illness and lack of motivation to eat - I pray they can grow up nice and big, but in any case they are healthy, thick and are coloring up nicely. Thank you so much for your guidance and assistance. A couple pics had flash, a few did not, hopefully you can get an idea of how they are - I am not a good picture taker yet. They are about 2" I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Diane. Good job getting them back on track. They are coloring up nicely and I like the thickness on them. Thats one thing I noticed with the entire batch. They were all on the thick side. Please keep me updated on their progress as they grow. Once again Diane, good job !

If anyone else who got some of these would like to update us with pics, please do as I would like to see their progress. The last of the batch of 600 went this weekend but I kept 15 keepers for myself which are currently three inches.

Bob

Registered Member

Hi Bob, Iam curious what you fed the dad to make him have lots of fertilizer to fertilizes the eggs. thanks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678