ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Albino Breeding `Think Tank'

Default Re: Albino Breeding `Think Tank'

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    You definately got what youpaid for Eddie! Well done!

Best wishes!
    Thanks Chad, I definitely received a great pair! The only that could happen now is if I "F" it all up but so far so good.

Take care bro,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Thanks Chad, I definitely received a great pair! The only that could happen now is if I "F" it all up but so far so good.

Take care bro,

Eddie
    Believe it or not Eddie, you don't have to do much. The worst part is over. They didn't eat the eggs, they didn't eat the free swimmers, they attached and now all you have to do is get them feeding off the parents when the time comes and you're just about home free. Two culls and you have saleable fry! For your first spawn, you are doing great! LOL!

The worst thing that can happen at this point is another spawn and they destroy the current fry.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    Believe it or not Eddie, you don't have to do much. The worst part is over. They didn't eat the eggs, they didn't eat the free swimmers, they attached and now all you have to do is get them feeding off the parents when the time comes and you're just about home free. Two culls and you have saleable fry! For your first spawn, you are doing great! LOL!

The worst thing that can happen at this point is another spawn and they destroy the current fry.

Best wishes!
    LOL, funny that you mention that. The female wanted to lay again yesterday and I think she was just so frustrated since the water was low, she just gave up. Good thing though, cause they have their hands full.....or should I say, fins full! LOL

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Great looking albinos. It looks like you are being repaid for all of the misfortunes from the outbreaks. If they foster non-albinos then there must be something in that water you have over there. lol just kidding.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by j_li8 View Post
    Great looking albinos. It looks like you are being repaid for all of the misfortunes from the outbreaks. If they foster non-albinos then there must be something in that water you have over there. lol just kidding.
    Thanks Joe, there is definitely something in the water. I have another pair about to spawn!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    The female wanted to lay again yesterday and I think she was just so frustrated since the water was low, she just gave up.
    Eddie
    My female albino laid when the water level was just above her dorsal fin. Low water level doesn't seem to stop them. If she looks like she is going to spawn again, you might want to remove her.

Real Name
    Larry

Hey congrats Eddie I hope things continue to go well. If the female starts trying to spawn get her out of there trust me thats what happened to my last spawn the female wanted to spawn and the fry were starting to attach to the father, they ended up getting in a big fight that killed most the fry and the rest ended up scattering, when I did remove the female it was to late the fry were to weak and all started dieing, I should of removed her sooner the fry would not even feed off of her, Larry

Registered Member

If its the water Eddie, then send some this way. I could also use a breeding pair. my are still in 4th grade. haha
    Joe

Since breeding Albinos are the topic in this thread, perhaps someone could kindly bring me up to speed. I've been out of the hobby for several years and on return find that Albinos are all the rage. My question is why? Is there something better genetically with them? Is it just for appearances? I mean I like most of them but why are we now breeding albino turks, blue diamonds and Leps. I know it's more than just "because we can". What are the advantages? Just curious.....
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Real Name
    Larry

Good job Eddie, guess after all the bad luck you have had, you finally got some good luck, sounds like you not only to get a breeding pair that got it down so quick but also to get fry to attach, like I said I don't know what it is with my female but the fry will not feed off her only the male which is not albino but lighter color than her. How are the fry doing do they seem to be eating good and have full bellies? Another picture would be great, if you have time and it does not bother the fish to much breeding albino's has really got my interest right now, Larry.

Congratulation Eddie. Wow! that's a beautiful pair of Albino spotted. You must paid a fortune for them. I love to have a pair myself.

Good Luck with the frys,
    Last edited by dan1; 09-28-2009 at 03:29 AM.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by jaykne View Post
    Good job Eddie, guess after all the bad luck you have had, you finally got some good luck, sounds like you not only to get a breeding pair that got it down so quick but also to get fry to attach, like I said I don't know what it is with my female but the fry will not feed off her only the male which is not albino but lighter color than her. How are the fry doing do they seem to be eating good and have full bellies? Another picture would be great, if you have time and it does not bother the fish to much breeding albino's has really got my interest right now, Larry.
    Hey there Larry, the small number of fry I have are still eating off the parents. I just wish I would have had a partition ready for them. That was my bad and will be ready for next time. I'll get a good look at them tonight before a water change and get you a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1 View Post
    Congratulation Eddie. Wow! that's a beautiful pair of Albino spotted. You must paid a fortune for them. I love to have a pair myself.

Good Luck with the frys,
    Thanks Dan, I paid a decent penny for them but it was well worth it.

Take care guys

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

[QUOTE=joanr;574238] Albinos are all the rage. My question is why? /QUOTE]

This is why.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No doubt they are attractive, but I was wondering if having the Albino gene was bringing out other certain qualities that improve the basic/classic strains, and that's why I asked why they are breeding ABD's, and so forth, since they are much harder to get fry to attach.
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by joanr View Post
    No doubt they are attractive, but I was wondering if having the Albino gene was bringing out other certain qualities that improve the basic/classic strains, and that's why I asked why they are breeding ABD's, and so forth, since they are much harder to get fry to attach.
    No practical reason here, i do it because i can and because they are beautiful. I doubt anyone does it to improve classic strains.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast