ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Albino Breeding `Think Tank'

Real Name
    Rick

Default Re: Albino Breeding `Think Tank'

wow,i take charge of all these arguments to myself
    Wasn't my intent to appear argumentative with Rod, I am pretty sure he knows that. If not I apologize.
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Thanks Rick,

I was unsure of the information i gave and have been rereading material on crossover genetics ,and Rick you are correct that the law of independent assortment does not apply with linkage. It is starting to get away from basic genetics and , but if you look for linkage mapping on google, you can find information about how to map apparent linkages you are seeing with your pairs. My knowledge of this is basic at best. I'm sorry for the wrong information, though i am happy to discover the error.

Arman, Thanks for your information. I am glad that at least you did not find it so boring, that you decided to chime in. Maybe not everyone is bored afterall...

Arguments, i actually love a good argument, as long as there is no personal attacks or low blows, its all good with me. But i never actually thought of this discussion as an argument for whatever that is worth.

Rod

Registered Member

duh!...well i think it would be better to replace the word argument with warm discussion!sounds much better!
    and dear Rod,i love discussions like you... especially arguments!because everybody tries to prove his/her believes and it makes all things clear and precise in definition.well ofc i didn't mean that was an coustic argument as u mentioned and im glad to see your comment about up there.:> in fact i thought my previous comment about crossing over may bore somebody up!but seems it didint so i apologize about the obscurity!
    well i think this misinterpretation clarified and completely resolved.he-he:P
    well i changed my plan to get ALSS and some LSS from NA discus instead of albino white butterflies.i will upload some pics after they arrived.
    have a good day:X

Oh I wasn't bored. I find it all fascinating.

Mishka
    "No I am not sending you that video! Although cash is king!"
    ~SOS California Crew~

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by chaoslite View Post
    Oh I wasn't bored. I find it all fascinating.

Mishka
    glad to hear that:P

Real Name
    Anatoliy

Good day. novice in your name forume. Ukraine -Anatoly. Sorry for my English, Google translator.what is the difference ALBINO BLUE DIAMOND and Albino Platinum.
    Tell us who the parents of these rocks.I will appreciate any information. Regards Anatoly

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by arman View Post
    duh!...well i think it would be better to replace the word argument with warm discussion!sounds much better!
    and dear Rod,i love discussions like you... especially arguments!because everybody tries to prove his/her believes and it makes all things clear and precise in definition.well ofc i didn't mean that was an coustic argument as u mentioned and im glad to see your comment about up there.:> in fact i thought my previous comment about crossing over may bore somebody up!but seems it didint so i apologize about the obscurity!
    well i think this misinterpretation clarified and completely resolved.he-he:P
    well i changed my plan to get ALSS and some LSS from NA discus instead of albino white butterflies.i will upload some pics after they arrived.
    have a good day:X
    Hi Arman,

I am glad Rick persisted with his "argument" as it made me look for evidence to prove my belief...ooops, no evidence to support! Rethink belief!! And now i am pondering past breeding efforts that did not quite make sense for me. I have studied this linkage of genes, but it has been awhile. I can remember bits, i may have to review...lol.

I will be looking for your albino white butterfly photos when they come from NA discus. I know they are premium suppliers and will be interested to see them.

Rod

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by LEXUSGS350 View Post
    Good day. novice in your name forume. Ukraine -Anatoly. Sorry for my English, Google translator.what is the difference ALBINO BLUE DIAMOND and Albino Platinum.
    Tell us who the parents of these rocks.I will appreciate any information. Regards Anatoly
    Hi Anatoly,

I am not sure, but i think albino blue diamond and albino platinum are the same type. Just the name is different??

I see you are a new member, so i will take this chance to welcome you to simply discus.

Rod

Real Name
    Anatoliy

Rod thank you.
    I thought so too but even here on the forum in Forest sales are different ryby.U I have a young and I vzhu otlichie.Hochyu breed albino but I have no experience on them. And interestingly their origin. Albin still small, my pair
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_C6P0DMJI

lexus how did the fry from Snow Leopard and Eruption turn out ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEXUSGS350 View Post
    Rod thank you.
    I thought so too but even here on the forum in Forest sales are different ryby.U I have a young and I vzhu otlichie.Hochyu breed albino but I have no experience on them. And interestingly their origin. Albin still small, my pair
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_C6P0DMJI

Registered Member SoCalDiscus.com's Avatar

Interesting Post which brings me to a question. I typically won't let two different strains interbreed but I have a Platinum Albino that just paired up with a Yellow Albino Butterfly (very light in color). Do you guys think I'll get a mix where some are Platinum and others Yellow Albino or if not, what do you think the fry may grow to look like? I'd say a Snowflake and Yellow Butterfly would be buggly but I'm curious how a Platinum Albino with a Yellow Butterfly Albino may bring?

I'm interested in what you guys think? Attached are their photos...

Real Name
    David Satow

I once read a thread here about how angelfish eggs were placed into a 29g with a breeding pair of discus, to my surprise the fry made it, the discus cared for the,, and the angelfish ate off the slime coat (or so it seemed)... so what if the same thing were to be done with albino eggs, just place them with a darker breeding pair?
    It's just a box with water... and a few extremely expensive mutts...

I have a pair of albino intermiate the dad turn very dark and all albinos and non albinos attached.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

Quote Originally Posted by fishguy456 View Post
    I once read a thread here about how angelfish eggs were placed into a 29g with a breeding pair of discus, to my surprise the fry made it, the discus cared for the,, and the angelfish ate off the slime coat (or so it seemed)... so what if the same thing were to be done with albino eggs, just place them with a darker breeding pair?
    i have read about ppl fostering out fry onto other discus pairs. it works for albinos and even for parents that are inexperienced, by transplanting the fry to the flanks of experienced pairs that raise them well etc

Registered Member

I have tried to get my Albino fry to attach using methylene blue to darken the water. Here is my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbu30luFkA0

Unfortunately, I lost most of the fry by day 3 free swimming. By day 6 free swimming I only had 3 left. Does anyone know if methylene blue destroys the slime coat of the parents? They seemed to find the parents on that first day and didn't get enough nutrition and started to die. It is very frustrating raising these fry.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast