AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semi Auto W/C

Default Re: Semi Auto W/C

Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Hey Steve, your fish look great, that's what the contest focuses on. Just take pictures of the discus while they are in the most appealing part of the tank, you are doing great.
    Now with your auto water changes and Chad's minimum water changes, you guys could meet in Vegas for a day, while I'm slaving on my water changes. -Good Times ! -

Bill
    Bill,

Your comment made me laugh out loud! That was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    Thanks Eddie!!

Yeah that's it. It clips onto the side of tank and the tube sits on the bottom leaving an opening less than 1/2 inch. Still big enough to suck up a rummy though!

Thanks Bill! Ya want us to put something on the craps table for ya?
    Steve how close are you to Vegas? about 5 hours in the car for me. LOL! I really love your water change system. I'm working on a big fish room and will be doing something similar. Where did you score the solenoids? I was thinking of using sprinkler valves, but I think they rely on pressure to open. Not sure though. Still toying with that!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Chris

Everything is looking great Steve. I think that you guys have a great idea about Vegas. We should have a Simply Discus in Vegas weekend for everyone.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    Everything is looking great Steve. I think that you guys have a great idea about Vegas. We should have a Simply Discus in Vegas weekend for everyone.

Chris
    I like the idea!!
    I haven't been to Vegas in years.

Cheers!

Registered Member

Steve a quick question. I see you are mixing hot and cold. I assume there is pressure from the supply all the time ahead of the solenoid. Have you had any problems with cold water coming out of a hot tap or hot water coming out of a cold tap in other areas of the house? Such a connection will allow that to happen.

I haven't noticed that occuring and never really thought about it. I can see how it would happen though. The reason it dosen't is perhaps the fact that those lines were put in during a renovation and both hot and cold terminate right after that point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12