ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Discus for sale in Chicago

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus for sale in Chicago

Hello all, I stoped at Bill's house this weekend and picked up nine of his gorgeous Discus. This is the best way to buy Discus in my opinion, the parents of the babies are there for your viewing and you can grow them yourself under optimum conditions. It's more work than buying larger fish but you know what your getting. I enjoyed talking to Bill and could have stayed there all day I was having such a good time, he will answer any and all questions you can think of. Like I said Bill you can always learn new things when you step into someones fish room. So if you are in the market for some new Discus and l live in the Chicago area I highly recommend a trip to Bill's house.

Rick

Registered Member

Very nice fish, particularly the wild blue pair... I've always been a chump for wild blues...

How long does it take to drive from Chicago to Denver, anyway?

13 hours from my house in north liberty,Ia and another 3 1/2 to Chicago Jhhnn! If you do it let me know and I will give you some money to pick me up some too.

Kyle

Kirk yeah I wish someone was heading there soon! I would ride along or give them some money and have them bring them back.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kirkp View Post
    Hey Kyle,

There's got to be a way we can figure out how to get some of them there discus.

Kirk
    Yeah someone from our part of woods should be heading there soon. I am going to a cubs game on a charter bus in September. I don't think my wife would like that very much.

Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
    Very nice fish, particularly the wild blue pair... I've always been a chump for wild blues...

How long does it take to drive from Chicago to Denver, anyway?
    I have land in Park county Colorado and its about 12 to 13 hours from my house in North liberty,Ia and another 3 1/2 to Chicago Jhhnn! If you do it let me know and I will give you some money to pick me up some too. lol

Kyle

Registered Member traversediscus's Avatar

I am soooooo tempted, Im on the look out for more Discus. I love the lake but also sucks as i would to drive all the way round the bloody thing to get to you. I shall ponder on the thought.

Registered Member

Hi Rick...It was nice meeting you as well. Glad you liked the fish. I enjoyed talking fish as well...sometimes I get on a roll and can't stop!. Anytime you want to talk or stop by, give me a call. In fact call me so I can get your number again...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Thanks Eddie. I like those Brilliants myself, but not too much intrest in them locally. Most want the newer Blue strains. Here is a couple of shots of some of the ones I am raising for future breeders. If they would only stay still!...Bill
    Yeah Bill, thats what I'm talking about! Wicked shots. They would be all bought up.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Bill,
    Nice going, keep those homebred Discus coming. Time to start a Chicago Discus Club??

Cliff

Registered Member

Thanks Cliff. I wish there was a Chicago Discus club around. I would think that in the city here and in the suburbs, there would be a lot of fellow Discus nuts. Maybe one day...Bill

Awsome fish Bill!

You should really get yourself a c02 bottle and crash course on shipping! Those fish would be worth the effort bud!

tc
    Mark

Registered Member

Thanks Mark...I just may have to in the near future. Not much so far in local sales...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Thanks Mark...I just may have to in the near future. Not much so far in local sales...Bill
    Hey Bill, if you do.......think you should try shipping to Japan! I would love some of those babies!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Hi William,

Very nice looking frys and pairs you got there. All the best to your sale of them and keep up the excellent work!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Can you say nice Brilliants?? Really like the shape on those Billy, and they are well feed for sure. Nice work there my friend.

Ed
    "There was no spoon"

Registered Member

Thanks Kenny and Ed. It is a lot of work, but a labor of love...tho most times it feels just like plain work! Anyone who questions the high price for Discus has never bred them, and raised their fry. More labor and food goes into them, so much, that it's hard to break even most times. But it's what I enjoy and am passionate about, and is still fun above all else...Bill

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast