ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discus for sale in Chicago

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus for sale in Chicago

Hey Bill

After reading up about all the great things being said about your fish, I was wondering if I could get some tips and buy some fish from you!

I have a smallish tank (only 40 gallons) and am thinking of taking up the ultimate freshwater challenge !

Do you have any fish and tips for me?

Thanks a bunch

Registered Member

Hi Wuddy...Yes I still have some fish available. Simply is full of tips to raise Discus. A 40 gal. I would recommend 4 or 5 Discus for starters. Any questions about my fish or set up, just give me a call @ 1-773-718-9572...Thanks...Bill

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Wuddy,

Bill is a great person to deal with and he's also very knowledgeable...with his expertise you will be in great hands with both fish quality and advice. I wish you all the best and have most fun with your new tank!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Registered Member

Hey Bill, I really wish I lived closer to you. I would like some of those blue F1s. What would be perfect is for you to be going to the HAAS auction in KC. Oh yeah, as long as I'm dreaming, I would move the show up since it's happening in september. Oh well. A guy can dream can't he?

Kirk

Registered Member

Hi Kenny...thanks for the compliment my friend, means a lot!...LOL Kirk...Those F1 Blues have all been sold. A gentleman from out of state, came in and bought the whole tank. I didn't get a chance to pick any for myself. But I do have another batch feeding off the parents now. So this batch I will keep a few for myself!...Bill

Wow Bill, the whole tank! I would have told him to sit down and have a cup of coffee so I could pick a few out to keep! They were super nice juvenile fish, excellent quality.

Take care and good luck with the new ones!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

LOL Eddie...The bad thing was I picked some juvies from some of the other tanks, and figured I had time to pick some of the F1's, since they were not really selling at all compared to the other strains. I figured I would just keep pumping them up with food a WC's, and set up a large grow-out tank for them, since I thought at the time, I would be sitting on them since no one was really intrested in "plain" Discus. I was wrong!. This time I'll be more smarter!...Bill

Registered Member

Thanks for the phone call Bill. Appreciate it!

Kenny, Thanks for the wishes. I'm new to Discus but I've been going through tons of information on simplydiscus forums for a few months. Hopefully I'll get my act together in a couple of weeks and go get some fish from Bill !

Registered Member

Bill, it's good to hear about someone jumping on the F1s. Wish it had been me. I gotta figure something out. How are the new fry doing and how big would they be about mid-August? If I can convince Kyle to go pick some up (with me paying half his gas) then I can get them from him when I take my daughter back to school.

What'cha think Kyle?

Registered Member

Hi Kirk...the fry are coming along nicely(knock on wood)...approaching the lima bean size, still small. We'll have to see how they are by mid August...You know Discus, so much can happen and go wrong...so fast...especially when counting or depending on future sales!...Bill

Hey Bill great lookijng fish.Just got back from my 5,000 + mi. trip,never again.Dodged tornados,hail storms,and torencial rains the whole trip.Picked up all the things i bought and it turned outWill t to be a better deal than i expected.Stopped of in Denver and saw James (wv discus sponser)Bought 4 pairs from him and came on home.James is really a nice guy,and has a lot of great fish.Came home to several disasters but thats another story.Have 3 albino pairs producing wigglers and cant raise one (yet)Sur is crazy how weak they are.will talk to you later. Tuck

Registered Member

Hi Tuck...Always an adventure with you!...Glad you made it there and back safe. That was a LONG ride. Hope the disasters at home were not too bad. I'll give you a call later to find out the details...Bill

Registered Member

Here is a pic Kirk of the pair and their fry. Small but HUGE appettites. Already wandering from the parents picking off the bottom and filter...Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good Bill, looking real good! Definitely doing great work with them!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Bill,

It's becoming obvious that you have a mean streak in you. Let's see, 16 hour round trip. HMMMMMM Luckily I have some time to think about this one.

Looking great and keep up the good work.

Kirk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast