ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do for 9 days...

Default Re: What to do for 9 days...

Thanks Eddie!

It's great to be home. I'm sure you know how that feels. LOL!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wonderful to have you back! Good to hear you and Jesse jad a great time...were you able to bite your tongue at the wedding??? LOL
    Cheers Kath

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wild View Post
    Wonderful to have you back! Good to hear you and Jesse jad a great time...were you able to bite your tongue at the wedding??? LOL
    Kath,

Thanks for the welcome back! The wedding actually went off without a hitch. All was well and I guess the DB grew on me a bit. LOL! It helps when there's plenty of liquor around. LOL! Anyway, we had a great time. We'll see how long it (the marriage) lasts. I give it a couple of years tops. Sad but true.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Chris

Welcome home Chad. Good thing that fish can't make phone calls or the ASPCA would be on your case about BH withdrawl. LOL. I hope that you got to relax and unwind. Looking forward to pics of your tank. How were your water params after the extra couple of days?

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    Welcome home Chad. Good thing that fish can't make phone calls or the ASPCA would be on your case about BH withdrawl. LOL. I hope that you got to relax and unwind. Looking forward to pics of your tank. How were your water params after the extra couple of days?

Chris
    Thanks Chris! Yes, I did get a chance to unwind and enjoy the break. I took some pictures last night with all the crazy plant growth in the tank. I pruned quite a bit and the discus were extremely thankful. Now they are flitting all over the tank, enjoying their free space again. I ran the typical water tests right before the water change. Everything was in order as follows:

TDS: 146 ppm
    Ph: 7.1
    KH: 2
    GH: 5
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: 10~20
    Phosphate: 20

Since the TDS was still under 150 ppm I could have probably gone longer without a water change, but this IS a contest and I'm trying to do at least one water change a week. Obviously this stretched things a bit. The last water change was on the 24th. That was 12 days without a water change, but that was also 12 days without any big feedings either. I use a mix of pellets in an auto feeder. No FBH or anything that typically fouls water quickly.

Anyway, I'm back to the weekly water change and feeding schedule! I'll post up some pictures tonight in another post.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123