AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: A month already???

Default A month already???

Well time has gone by so quick with these little guys. They have coloured up nicely within the last two weeks. I only wish my photo taking would capture it. Photo taking has by far been the biggest challenge for me for this contest to date

Anyways, not to much to report for this week. I gave all my fish a prazi treatment this week including the contest fish. I will be moving them into a 75 sometime this week once I find the time. Same set up, BB with two sponge filters and a heater. All is going well although I believe that the other contestants seem to be getting a more consistant growth between their fish. I have one large one, a couple mid size and three smaller. I will take some measurements and photos when I move them to give a better idea of what I am talking about, but you can see this in the photos

All are eating well. Infact so well that I will have to restock my bloodworms and make up a new batch of beefheart, another thing on the to do list
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: A month already???

Thanks for the update Evelyn! Looks like everything's going well for you. Fish look great! I have difficulty with my photography as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Well time has gone by so quick with these little guys. They have coloured up nicely within the last two weeks. I only wish my photo taking would capture it. Photo taking has by far been the biggest challenge for me for this contest to date

Anyways, not to much to report for this week. I gave all my fish a prazi treatment this week including the contest fish. I will be moving them into a 75 sometime this week once I find the time. Same set up, BB with two sponge filters and a heater. All is going well although I believe that the other contestants seem to be getting a more consistant growth between their fish. I have one large one, a couple mid size and three smaller. I will take some measurements and photos when I move them to give a better idea of what I am talking about, but you can see this in the photos

All are eating well. Infact so well that I will have to restock my bloodworms and make up a new batch of beefheart, another thing on the to do list
    Evelyn,

They are looking fantastic! Why did you treat all of your fish with Prazi? Just curious. I think your photos look great! Well done!

Best wishes!
    Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    Thanks for the update Evelyn! Looks like everything's going well for you. Fish look great! I have difficulty with my photography as well.
    Steve,

The only difficulty that you have with your photos is that they are not in magazines. LOL! I think your pictures are fantastic!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Chris

They look great Evelyn! I was curious about why you used Prazi too. Good luck with the tank change.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

To answer the question....why parzi?

Every six months or so, I treat all my tanks with Parzi Pro just as a preventative. Seems to work as I haven't had any issues health wise in any fish and it hasn't slowed any growth in the past.

Registered Member

Hey Evelyn,

Think your fish are looking great. I like the bars on the upper right fish in the third pic. Looks really good. I also have a couple that are lagging behind. I think everyone else is having more even growth.

Kirk

They look great Evelyn! Great work.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Jim

Evelyn, They look good to me. I have problems with the picturing taking also.
    Jim
    Never to old to learn

They look good Bright eyes, fins erect, great color

Ardan

Registered Member

Evelyn, looking fantastic, a month already gone WoW! always great to add things for preventative measures!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Everything looks like it is going well, your fish look great.
    Good job Evelyn,

Bill

Registered Member

good job on them! keep up the good work!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    They have coloured up nicely within the last two weeks. I only wish my photo taking would capture it. Photo taking has by far been the biggest challenge for me for this contest to date
    You know, at first I was worried about your picture taking ability...HOWEVER, these last ones were a million times better! Photography is a hobby of mine but photographing fish is no easy task. You'll be a pro by the time the contest is over. Good luck!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Hi Evelyn,

Your fish are looking real sharp and continued best of luck to your contest! IME with this Forrest's albino line they should color up some more as they grow. You're doing a wonderful job! I totally hear with about the photo taking part...it's also my biggest challenge every time I have a new shipment coming in lol...

Take care Evelyn and have fun!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Lookin good Evelyn!!
    Mark