ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 06-25-09: Video

Registered Member

Default 06-25-09: Video

and the update of the video.. have fun guys!

in this video, they are a little bit of shy when i approach them.. that is why they don't move that much.. but after like 10 secs. they started to swim around and beg for food.. lol

http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=MVI_1696.flv

Default Re: 06-25-09: Video

Lovely colours! One looks like a real piggy lol
    Cheers Kath

Nice video Marvin!

Registered Member

thanks guys for the positive comments..

today, when i woke up and watch the fish.. i saw a little tiny white-needle-like, stick on the sides of the aquarium.. and i think they are moving..

i can't tell if it's tape worm because it's not attach on the fish, it's just in the sides of the aquarium and tapeworm is bigger and longer.. should i be alarmed? how did it happened? i did a water change everyday, they are indeed moving.. man, this is a new experience to me..

Quote Originally Posted by MRQuad View Post
    thanks guys for the positive comments..

today, when i woke up and watch the fish.. i saw a little tiny white-needle-like, stick on the sides of the aquarium.. and i think they are moving..

i can't tell if it's tape worm because it's not attach on the fish, it's just in the sides of the aquarium and tapeworm is bigger and longer.. should i be alarmed? how did it happened? i did a water change everyday, they are indeed moving.. man, this is a new experience to me..
    Hey Marvin, those guys look great. Their sizes look pretty close too. Doing a great job.
    Those little worms are very common in tanks and will do no harm. They can develop even with the water changes unless you wipe the sides and bottom of the tank before a water change. Wiping all surfaces,then water change will flush out most of the stuff that grows in a tank (safe and bad) because of the heavy feeding we do.
    Take care,

Bill

Real Name
    Larry

Hey your discus look great, and growing out great. The thing you saw on the glass sounds like Planaria worms they won't hurt your discus, I think they are very common when you are doing heavy feedings. I have seen them in my tank when I have not cleaned the filter in a while or don't clean the inside glass on a regular basis. They look like a white hair almost can see them swimming around in the water also. Larry

Registered Member

Marvin, lovely vid mat. Fish look like pirahnas on the look out. I wouldn't worry too much from the Planaria as others have already stated. Wiping down the sides/bottom will clear things up & should be done regularly as the Planaria culture will grow wild just like your fishiesss!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Real Name
    Chris

Looks like your fish have pretty even growth. They all look great. As stated don't worry too much about the planaria, just keep wiping down all suraces in the tank before wc.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Registered Member

thanks guys for the kind commends..