AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Fast and Furious

Default Re: Too Fast and Furious

Eddie, if anyone can pull through this one it is you. I am sorry that you are going through this, it is a tough one. You have been given some expert advice and you have all the skills to save them .....

Quote Originally Posted by erikc View Post
    Eddie, if anyone can pull through this one it is you. I am sorry that you are going through this, it is a tough one. You have been given some expert advice and you have all the skills to save them .....
    Thanks Erik,means alot.

Quick update before bed, just got home and all fish seem to be doing better. I think they may be pulling through. I will be able to tell tomorrow for sure.

I just wanted to thank Andrew for all the advice and help as well as Al and everyone else for your support.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Damn Eddie, sorry to hear that has happened to you! I know you love and take good care of your fish and I hope that you and the fish survive this one.

I know you said you have done the F&MG many times before but when was the last time before this that you dosed? Is it a mix or was the formalin separate? I'm wondering if it didn't turn toxic from heat/light and maybe that harmed them? That's just speculation on my part. It doesn't make sense how this happened and it would really suck if they die and you never find the cause. Nothing is learned that way, know what I mean?

Fresh water, can't have too much of that. Good luck and hoping that they pull through! Please keep us posted.

-Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Thanks Erik,means alot.

Quick update before bed, just got home and all fish seem to be doing better. I think they may be pulling through. I will be able to tell tomorrow for sure.

I just wanted to thank Andrew for all the advice and help as well as Al and everyone else for your support.

Take care,

Eddie
    Fingers still crossed, Eddie. Please let us know as soon as you wake up! BEFORE coffee, LOL!! Seriously, I know we're all awaiting good news.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Sorry to hear you are having issues Eddie. Man that happened fast!

Hoping for the best.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Hey Eddie,
    Glad to hear they're doing better and hope the trend continues. I know these things can get you no matter how well you care for the fish.

Kacey

Thanks everyone! And I definitely know what you mean BS, I don't know what the culprit was, and it does get to me. All I know is that adding the new fish from a very well established tank started to affect the other fish. They had symptoms of external bugs so this is why F&MG was chosen. I have dosed F&MG many times before exactly the same way, 100% water change with temp matching (82F) and no problems. The fact that the fish went all day as if nothing bothered them was strange. It was overnight that several of the fish broke down, and bad. They were still fairly active, just looked like hell. Then, I did another 100% WC and re-dosed. Thats when the $4!t hit the fan. Everything crashed, all the fish. I removed all the F&MG, did a 200% water change, added salt and Fucin. Thats when Andrew stepped in and I am following his advice as of now.

The fish still look like complete hell but they are somewhat active. They are super dark in color and seem to have more slimecoat turbidity. Leaving things as they are at the moment.

Day2 (Preventative dose acriflavine, 200 gm salt per 100 ltr and 3 gm of Fucin, and Indian almond leaves)

Visit Eddie's Place

Hey man, looks like the fish are getting better. Hope they pull through. One of my emaciated discus died over the weekend while I was away. Didn't really expect her to pull through. I have one more gal who's in the same boat. We will see what happens. I have been feeding Angel Plus flakes as you recommended. Good luck!

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    Hey man, looks like the fish are getting better. Hope they pull through. One of my emaciated discus died over the weekend while I was away. Didn't really expect her to pull through. I have one more gal who's in the same boat. We will see what happens. I have been feeding Angel Plus flakes as you recommended. Good luck!
    Oh, sorry to hear about that. Sometimes it can be too late once a severe infestation of internal nematodes take over the fish. Hopefully the other can benefit from the de-worming flakes and pull through.

Thanks for the well wishes, the fish do act better. Keeping all things crossed over here.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Eddie,
    Just reading this post, you are doing an amazing job fighting an unknown infection.These guys could not be in better hands. They are looking better today. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted on their recovery

What is your ph at?

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Eddie,
    Just reading this post, you are doing an amazing job fighting an unknown infection.These guys could not be in better hands. They are looking better today. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted on their recovery

What is your ph at?

Kenny
    Thanks Kenny, I am trying to keep it at 6.5 per Andrew's instructions on Fucin treatment.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Looking better Eddie. I have been thinking about your poor fish all day and hoping they recover. I don't even know them but I have been worried about them like they were my own. Good luck with them, they have a good Doc caring for them I know.
    Barb

Thanks Barb, getting them through little by little. I really appreciate your concern. Maybe the collective thoughts from everyone are making them feel better.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Real Name
    Francis

Hi Eddie,

Just curious why the almond leaves in the tank?.....they seems to look better now.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Hi Eddie,

Just curious why the almond leaves in the tank?.....they seems to look better now.
    Eddie mentioned that Andrew said to keep the pH around 6.5, which is most likely why the almond leaves are in the tank (my best guess). They release tanins that help to slowly lower the pH and keep the water slightly acidic. Many crystal red shrimp breeders use them in their tanks for this purpose and I've heard that others use them for breeding bettas, arowana, et cetera.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast