ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 6/28 update

Registered Member

Default 6/28 update

Well, another week has flown by. I keep trying to find something new to say about how things are going. Guess there's nothing wrong with saying everything is still going great. They are all eating like pigs. Still haven't made my own beefheart mix yet but I'm going to have to break down and do so as buying the beefheart cubes is getting expensive as my discus collection has expanded. Now I just need to figure out which mix to make as there are so many variations out there, not just between the challenge group but others as well. Water conditions haven't changed with pH still around 6.8 and NO3 around 4 or 5. As you can see from the pics they all seem to be coloring up better except for one who's a much lighter color than the others.

Talk to you all later,

Kirk

Real Name
    Chris

Default Re: 6/28 update

Still looking good. Does the light colored fish have his fins slightly clamped or is it just the angle of the picture? Your tank looks spotless. Keep up the good work.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Looking good Kirk! Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkp View Post
    Well, another week has flown by. I keep trying to find something new to say about how things are going. Guess there's nothing wrong with saying everything is still going great. They are all eating like pigs. Still haven't made my own beefheart mix yet but I'm going to have to break down and do so as buying the beefheart cubes is getting expensive as my discus collection has expanded. Now I just need to figure out which mix to make as there are so many variations out there, not just between the challenge group but others as well. Water conditions haven't changed with pH still around 6.8 and NO3 around 4 or 5. As you can see from the pics they all seem to be coloring up better except for one who's a much lighter color than the others.

Talk to you all later,

Kirk
    Hey Kirk, those guys look great, I like the white one. I had one about as light in the beginning I called him Whitey but, darn, he colored up too.
    I feel the same each week, trying to find something new to post but you are doing a great job and if a picture is worth a thousand words then you did another great job.
    Ya, you gotta get on making that beefheart mix. I think they like it when it's fresh homemade.
    Good to see another positive update.
    Take care,

Bill

Registered Member

Thanks folks, This challenge is getting interesting seeing how well everyone is doing.

Chris, good observation but the picture was just taken at the wrong time. Normally his fins are erect and he's mixing it up with everyone else.

Kirk

Registered Member

Kirk, look fantastic, keep up the great job!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!