ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: July, 9 Update

Default July, 9 Update

Wow, time sure flies by when you're having fun. I'm really enjoying raising these little guys. Everything is perfect with the automation and a good thing too, I'll be commuting to the city for the next couple of weeks and staying over a couple days at a time. I've got the wife fairly well trained, (OMG! did I say that?) she's reluctantly willing to do morning and evening feedings and siphon the bottom of the tank at night. Bless her heart.

I'll try to check in when I can but I won't have much internet access.

Here's a feeding video. Enjoy!

Default Re: July, 9 Update

Steve-0,
    They look very relaxed and happy. No fighting or pushing during feasting, beautiful. Really looking good, getting BIG. Glad your auto w/c is back up and running. Did not see the canister filter in the video, still cycling? Good luck with your travels, your discus will be fine. Great job with these guys!

Kenny

Real Name
    Chris

They look super Steve! How many times a day are you feeding the mix as opposed to other foods?

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Steve,

Looking fantastic my friend! I know how you feel about leaving. LOL! Those 9 days without the large feedings and the 12 dyas between water changes weighed heavily on my mind. You've got a great helper there! Take solice in that.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Steve,

Boy that one is really yellow compared to the rest, too cool, more variety.
    They all are sure looking healthy.
    Take care while you are on the road and I'm sure they will look bigger to you when you return.
    Great video, take care,

Bill

Steve, the fish are stunning! So nice and they have killer shape. Great work!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

that is a nice looking fish you got there steve.. keep it up man..

Registered Member

Steve, the good thing about being back & forth with your journey is that you won't be seeing the fish all the time & therefor you will notice the slightest growth, which is unreal IMO. Glad to hear you have a helper at hand as things will still go to plan, oh yes, the master plan. The fish are looking spectacular, love the vid! Good luck!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Registered Member

Hey Steve,

You've got some beautiful fish going for you. You are doing a excellent job.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Steve-0,
    They look very relaxed and happy. No fighting or pushing during feasting, beautiful. Really looking good, getting BIG. Glad your auto w/c is back up and running. Did not see the canister filter in the video, still cycling? Good luck with your travels, your discus will be fine. Great job with these guys!

Kenny
    Yeah, still cycling, should be getting close now. I'll check for nitrates after these hectic 2 weeks.

They look super Steve! How many times a day are you feeding the mix as opposed to other foods?

Chris
    Thanks Chris! The mix is served 4x a day. fbw 3x, dry foods 2x each.

I know how you feel about leaving. LOL! Those 9 days without the large feedings and the 12 dyas between water changes weighed heavily on my mind. You've got a great helper there! Take solice in that.
    Not so bad this time, I'll be home every day or 2 to check on things. Not that Rochelle won't do a good job for me.

Boy that one is really yellow compared to the rest, too cool, more variety.
    My son named the yellow one Bananna. And the biggest golden one is Nacho.

Hey Steve,

You've got some beautiful fish going for you. You are doing a excellent job.

Kirk

Steve, the good thing about being back & forth with your journey is that you won't be seeing the fish all the time & therefor you will notice the slightest growth, which is unreal IMO. Glad to hear you have a helper at hand as things will still go to plan, oh yes, the master plan. The fish are looking spectacular, love the vid! Good luck!

Regards
    Ahmed

that is a nice looking fish you got there steve.. keep it up man..

Steve, the fish are stunning! So nice and they have killer shape. Great work!

Take care,

Eddie

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate it!!

Well Steve...I have ta say there bud that yer doin an excellent job despite yer busy schedule!!

BTW... Gonna have a NEDA party at my place on the 25th and need a band...Can you guys make it?
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by GrillMaster View Post
    Well Steve...I have ta say there bud that yer doin an excellent job despite yer busy schedule!!

BTW... Gonna have a NEDA party at my place on the 25th and need a band...Can you guys make it?
    Sorry Mark, we're booked.

I'll send a band in my stead.
    Here ya go.