ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discus Hatchery Las Vegas

Registered Member traversediscus's Avatar

Default Discus Hatchery Las Vegas

Anybody purchased from them?

what do you think?

Default Re: Discus Hatchery Las Vegas

i have no idea..but at one time someone did a post on a guy they found in las vegas. if its the same guy..it was quite impressive . we saw pics. got any info on him or a website etc? or email? or pics? at that time..i believe the fellow didnt ship.

Registered Member

If he's not a sponsor, then it's buyer beware, and I believe he's not a sponsor. I have seen him on AB...but he only shows pics of his pairs and not the actual fish you are buying. Look at his seller feedback...especially his negative ones. Buy from a Simply sponsor...Bill

There is a guy that sells out of Las Vegas on Ebay. I was very close to arranging a meeting with him in Vegas but it fell through. The fact that he was willing to allow me to come to his hatchery says a lot IMO. Do you know the name of the breeder?
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Im wanting to say his name is Alex....if it is the same person im thinking about.

-Ryan
    -Ryan Karcher
    Aquatic Eco Systems Technician

Registered Member

no way Alex is in Chicago and his site is www.alexsdiscus.com

Alex

"Discus Hatchery" The ebay seller and the aquabid seller are the same guy. I have talked with him and he seems like a very stand up guy.
    Jarred

Registered Member

Well, his prices are good & free shipping...almost worth an order to see what he's got..

I just recieved 6 discus(actually 7, 3-red dragons and 4-spotted leopards, he threw in an extra spotted leopard!)From Discushatchery on aquabid. Great price, small fish (as advertised), overnight shipping included in price, packed well (each fish individually packed). They are already starting to color up really nicely (but not in an unnatural kind of way) It will be interesting to see how these discus turn out, they seem beautiful from what i can tell thus far, possibly a little peppering on the red dragons hard to tell right now. For the price I am very happy with my order, and his communication was top notch. He replied to my emails in a very timely manner.

Good luck with them, that's a good deal for the amount paid. Please share pics of the fish whenever you can.

not the best pictures, and please excuse some of the mess, i took them right after a feeding and before a water change. It was the only time these rascals will hold still!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

The guy seems really nice to work with I was supposed to stop by his hatchery while I was in Vegas at the beginning of the year but didn't have a chance as I ran out of time. I would love to see how those turn out in the future.

My first Discus came from Discus hatchery and they are not very good quality Discus

Quote Originally Posted by traversediscus View Post
    My first Discus came from Discus hatchery and they are not very good quality Discus
    what do you mean by not very good quality discus? diseased? crappy strains? stunted? do you have pictures?
    I am VERY happy so far with mine, you cannot expect show quality discus for the price. I believe you get what you pay for, and in this case I think I got much better then what I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarsnbigfishies View Post
    what do you mean by not very good quality discus? diseased? crappy strains? stunted? do you have pictures?
    I am VERY happy so far with mine, you cannot expect show quality discus for the price. I believe you get what you pay for, and in this case I think I got much better then what I paid for.

Well you do get what you pay for and that will reflect as they get older. They were stunted poor shape and some never showed their color. I purchsed his Discus because of price as at the time i had little money. I have learned that i was better off saving my money and going through a sponsor on here. I have purchased Discus from Discus hatchery and Bill at Inland Empire Discus and the Bill is miles ahead of Customer service, Shipping quality and Discus quality.

Just my opinion But even my wife said you bought a pile of crap (from Discus Hatchery) and she has no idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast